Columbus Upgrade Problem

I am just swapping out my old Amundsen MIB1 for a Columbus MIB 2.5 and screen.

But I am having a problem. The display is showing nothing. I can power on the unit using the power button, but volume buttons don't do anything.

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thinking could be that
1) the Columbus unit is only an MIB 2, not 2.5.

2) the display is faulty
3) Is there some additional coding to do?

Also is there anyone in the Sheffield / Leeds area with the 9.2 inch screen, which I can quickly swap and test to see if the same thing happens.

One question. Did you buy the usb connector from vw and if so how much did it cost?

One I bought off ebay, wasn't quite right and isn't working for smartlink.

Oh, and did you find a good place to stash the LTE antenna?

3 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Glad it’s sorted. You’ll love the upgrade. I recommend an FL climate panel to finish the look off :)

Must resist spending more on shiny stuff for a bit.

really must..

well maybe..

I got mine used, look for one with a green tip 5Q0025726E. I have not found a permanent home for the LTE antennae, they live bundled in the glovebox 🤣 honestly the climate panel makes it. Mine is a Superb one and has 20 min rest function for a/c with engine off for 20 mins and white backlighting.

CEC2A55B-D84A-4752-8DD6-80041647900D.thumb.jpeg.d9ae0e3ac17b589098a467a76494b1b2.jpeg

9D9D88E3-155F-47A9-B0A7-2F91C53C26E5.thumb.jpeg.32a37ddf63089f32c6962ed8da67f57f.jpeg

A5DDC9A5-22C1-4417-B798-FE1332BD5767.thumb.jpeg.ff8d969fa16912fdf74d83ef6cf0e24d.jpeg

• Like 1

As for the antenna, was wondering if there was space in the boot somewhere. Don't want to take the rear bumper off, as I recently got bumped, and when the garage put the new bumper on, the ACC errored and they had to recalibrate it. 

One final question (possibly) do you have a link to the manual? So much to play with, and some guidance on the gesture would be useful.

Many Thanks

That’s not a Superb FL panel so isn’t glossy. The Octy has green backlight on the FL panel still. Superb and Kodiaq panels are what you need, 3V0907044CR or 565907044AQ. The Superb one needs a bit of shaving down but it works fine. The trim is 5E0863152D for plain or F for AirCare. If you don’t mind green backlight and the off button there is a complete Octavia 5E0907044AP climate panel and 5E0863152F trim on eBay together for £66.

Basically I hadn't connected the video signal wire to the headunit. Was because I hadn't realized that the existing wire in the car needed to be slightly trimmed to fit the new headunit, and had just left it because it didn't fit.

Once I trimmed the wire and connected it. All was good.

I am posting here, maybe others can confirm or infirm, but what I found, is that skoda blocked the older 5Q gateway from their servers, and no longer can retrofit AID, columbus, etc.. on those Octavia's. Only on the new 3Q gateway.

This if confirmed by 3 different cars where online coding with Odis no longer worked.

So if others have different info, please share, and be aware. It cost 3-4 hours of online coding (charged by the minute by Skoda) just to restore the cars to a  99% normal functionality.