2019 100 miles and sat in a main dealer for 5 days and counting

Tasape

so we collect the car on the 14th all shiny bright happy days   😍 , we take it for the test drive and fuel top up after being showed around the controls, tank filled ,ignition on    "i ask why is the engine management light on ?"   Back to Dealership and straight into workshop and onto the computer, a sensor fault is diagnosed, none in stock so taken from another new karoq unregistered , all seems fine, drive home   auto stop start not working  Awww f****  gets home calles dealership  which is 20 miles away  bring it in we will swap for a service car no ill call Skoda rescue  first   AA man turns up  its the battery, they haven'tt charged it , , it needs a run  and then is should work   ok  ,  all goes well till the Tuesday 17  the engine management light re appears  wifey calls breakdown again  this time Skoda Man appears   puts it on his computer  mmmmm sensor ok  vacuum pump working  he asks is this the first time its done this   no  sensor changed on 14th   well not logged into history,  its got to go to dealership for a complete diagnostics,  to cut it short    dealership didn't have test equipment to check it as it is a special part and has to be shipped to them, they forgot to order it 🤬 , so now not arriving tiell this  tuesday👿  test takes 12 hours to do , so we think it has something to do with the Braking System ?  we have now got customer service involved  who are talking to the Dealer that sold it  and asking why the fault  wasn't logged . so we were asked what we wanted   and we told them a NEW CAR !!!!    so we wait and see what happens next   Customer Service will call on tuesday with an update

well we finally got it back on the 25  apparently no faults found,  it is now the 27the sep  Skoda Rescue called again same Light same error    !!!!!!

Edited by Tasape
update

2 hours ago, Tasape said:

so we collect the car on the 14th all shiny bright happy days   😍 , we take it for the test drive and fuel top up after being showed around the controls, tank filled ,ignition on    "i ask why is the engine management light on ?"   Back to Dealership and straight into workshop and onto the computer, a sensor fault is diagnosed, none in stock so taken from another new karoq unregistered , all seems fine, drive home   auto stop start not working  Awww f****  gets home calles dealership  which is 20 miles away  bring it in we will swap for a service car no ill call Skoda rescue  first   AA man turns up  its the battery, they haven'tt charged it , , it needs a run  and then is should work   ok  ,  all goes well till the Tuesday 17  the engine management light re appears  wifey calls breakdown again  this time Skoda Man appears   puts it on his computer  mmmmm sensor ok  vacuum pump working  he asks is this the first time its done this   no  sensor changed on 14th   well not logged into history,  its got to go to dealership for a complete diagnostics,  to cut it short    dealership didn't have test equipment to check it as it is a special part and has to be shipped to them, they forgot to order it 🤬 , so now not arriving tiell this  tuesday👿  test takes 12 hours to do , so we think it has something to do with the Braking System ?  we have now got customer service involved  who are talking to the Dealer that sold it  and asking why the fault  wasn't logged . so we were asked what we wanted   and we told them a NEW CAR !!!!    so we wait and see what happens next   Customer Service will call on tuesday with an update

The car is faulty, and the dealer/Skoda have had a chance to mend it - but they haven't sorted it. As it is within 30 days, it is a doddle to reject the car. The dealer/Skoda should then be honoured if you decide to take a new replacement ............ because you could simply walk away and buy from elsewhere. No point in spending your life fretting about a Friday-afternoon car.

• Like 3

Im so sorry you have had so much trouble and you were quite right to reject it. Unlucky - mine has never put a "foot" wrong.

Will you try another Karoq? No one could blame you for giving up on it.

1 hour ago, OldKaroq said:

Im so sorry you have had so much trouble and you were quite right to reject it. Unlucky - mine has never put a "foot" wrong.

Will you try another Karoq? No one could blame you for giving up on it.

We love the Car it’s just this one isn’t. Right so Monday afternoon we have a customer care manager calling us to discus our options, The issue is we have the light interior  and it’s pretty hard to find them ,hopefully there will be one on the next ship that is due to arrive later this month ,but we will have to see .the issue is with the vacuum pump and sensors attached to it  ...

47 minutes ago, gSvrs said:

no problem with mine and its now coming up to 1700 miles and its 4weeks of driving 

on a 69 plate

yours just may be a Friday car 

I think you may well be correct 

Well the deal ship and SKODA have accepted that there is an issue and that they are willing to replace the car  😁 

the think they have found the replacement but still waiting to see if they can get it. 

No they had it for 8 days, then forgot to order the test equipment ,!!!!!!!! So prolonged the whole thing.

we got it from Doncaster and they have been Fantastic ,communication is either phone or e mail we are copied in on everything just waiting for the new one to arrive in the uk 

On 07/10/2019 at 11:19, silver1011 said:

Based in Selby, DM Keith in York by any chance?

Im in Selby. Is there an issue with DS Keith in York? I got my Karoq at DM Keith in Grimsby (It was two weeks old in the colour I wanted and at substantial discount on new).

Will be coming up for Oil service in two months and was thinking of using DM Kieth York.

no issue,   i think its one of those get the car back to the owner  quickly  as we didn't sell the car  in the first place, so not our problem  things !!

i would imagine  you need to book it in asap if you need a loan car !!!

And hopefully in about 2 weeks we will Finally get our replacement vehicle so there will be 2 Karoqs in selby  lol

3 hours ago, Tasape said:

no issue,   i think its one of those get the car back to the owner  quickly  as we didn't sell the car  in the first place, so not our problem  things !!

i would imagine  you need to book it in asap if you need a loan car !!!

And hopefully in about 2 weeks we will Finally get our replacement vehicle so there will be 2 Karoqs in selby  lol

You may have seen mine around town.......Black Magic.

Ive seen one other in Green often parked up near the hospital, also a couple of Kodiaks.

No issues with mine so far other than getting a strap jammed in the rear door locking mechanism requiring a trip to Keiths at York as I couldnt get the rear door to open. They sorted it at no cost in about thirty minutes.

Now done about 5000 miles and still loving it.

DM Keith in York are woeful.

Plenty of praise on here for them, but me, and several others have not had great experiences.

Front of house seems OK, Steve, the service manager tries his best, but there is something a miss behind the scenes. Poor quality workmanship, damaged cars and denials and an inability to perform even the most basic service and warranty tasks without screwing things up. Never again for me and I'm on my 5th Skoda.

Luckily I work close to Durham so can use Pulman who are good, and the kids love the coast so a day out in Scarborough whilst the car is left at the brilliant Des Winks is also a preference over the cowboys at DM Keith.

I found it weird when we were handed a hand written form signed by the mechanic stating  that there were no issues with the car, I’ve never ever seen this before ,obviously makes the tech responsible for his work. ...

21 hours ago, silver1011 said:

DM Keith in York are woeful.

Plenty of praise on here for them, but me, and several others have not had great experiences.

Front of house seems OK, Steve, the service manager tries his best, but there is something a miss behind the scenes. Poor quality workmanship, damaged cars and denials and an inability to perform even the most basic service and warranty tasks without screwing things up. Never again for me and I'm on my 5th Skoda.

Luckily I work close to Durham so can use Pulman who are good, and the kids love the coast so a day out in Scarborough whilst the car is left at the brilliant Des Winks is also a preference over the cowboys at DM Keith.

Pulman.....I remember buying a vw golf gti from them many moons ago. They were a decent dealership...nice to know they are still getting recommendations.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tasape said:

I found it weird when we were handed a hand written form signed by the mechanic stating  that there were no issues with the car, I’ve never ever seen this before ,obviously makes the tech responsible for his work. ...

Everything about their service side is a little 'dodgy'. Like I mentioned, there is a strange undercurrent behind the scenes, all is not well.

• 2 weeks later...

So at last Skoda have accepted there is an issue with the car the dealer has been Fantastic, my new car is at Grimsby just awaiting collection ,the less I say about the person I was dealing with at Skoda customer service the better  in as much as I have escalated to senior management.

my old karoq has had 2 sensors changed,a new vacuum pump  now the wiring looms are being looked at each wire is being tested as they think one of them is supplying a false reading   Not my worry now thank goodness 😅 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having collected our Karoq SEL 1.5TSi manual on 26/01/2018 it has been reliable until 24 hours ago apart from the Skippy 1st gear issue widely reported. However having discovered the voltage was fine in the 2 key fobs Panasonic C2025 batteries fitted, had to call the AA out to unlock the car and the alarm went off as it thought someone was trying to steal it from our drive. Sure the neighbours wondered what the hell was going on as the AA guy tried to start the car by holding the key fob next to the stop/start button to read the inbuilt micro chip. Eventually after the car kept saying on the maxidot key not detected, so no communication between car and key fob. With the engine now running and the alarm silenced he plugged his lap top into the car's diagnostic and the following 4 errors/fault codes came up. B147918 KEY 1 OVERVOLTAGE,  B147A18 KEY2 OVERVOLTAGE,  B1330F5 ANTI-THEFT ALARM SENSOR,  791304 UNKNOWN FAULT. With the engine still running he advised us to drive the car to our dealer 10 miles away and leave it with them because he was afraid it may not start if we left it until Monday which is what we did. Fortunately I am not working Monday to Wednesday so hopefully they have time to fix it otherwise I will contact them for a free hire car.:thumbdown:

Finally picked up a brand new karoq Friday we’ll happy, the other one is still in bits they know there’s a fault. But the cannot find what is causing it  ...

• Like 1