new Superb TSI 190 vs TDI 190

Hello

We are considering buying the new Superb sedan (liftback) with either Sportline or L&K and also maybe adding the Dynamic Chassi Control.

But my main question is which of the two engines is best suitet for this car? The TSI 190hp or the TDI 190hp and in that case with the TDI (only) maybe we should even add the 4x4?

Thank you

13 hours ago, alexuz2501 said:

But my main question is which of the two engines is best suitet for this car?

I think you should look at which engine is best suited to your needs rather than which is best suited to the car. 

What type of mileage do you do?  Are running/fuel costs a concern?  Do you tow/need the torque of a diesel?  What usage will the car have, short stop/start/long motorway? etc etc. 

We do mostly urban roads to/from work (50-100km/h), daily drive, a little bit of traffic (30min of slow start/stop driving). And then occasionally some motorway longer drives, roadtrips. about 7-10,000km per year in total I would guess. I have never owned a diesel before but with the Superb it makes more sense on paper. I think the diesel has like 400Nm and also gets 4x4 which sound just better then the petrol engine.

17 hours ago, alexuz2501 said:

I have never owned a diesel before

take a test drive,

if you won't mind TDI's tractoring sound then you are a lucky man and will able save 30% of fuel costs on each mile.
and these 400Nm are just on paper, petrol will be quicker
except wet weather when i missing 4x4

• Like 1

Turbo petrol won't be much less torquey than the diesel. At 10k km per year, it seems like low mileage for a diesel anyway.

Unless you need the 4x4, you'd gain refinement with the petrol. No need for adblue top ups and worry about dpf. 

14 minutes ago, KeteCantek said:

Turbo petrol won't be much less torquey than the diesel. At 10k km per year, it seems like low mileage for a diesel anyway.

Unless you need the 4x4, you'd gain refinement with the petrol. No need for adblue top ups and worry about dpf. 

Pretty sure the new petrols require Adblue as they’re now also fitted with particle filters! 

• Haha 1

Just now, GoneToBeemer said:

Pretty sure the new petrols require Adblue as they’re now also fitted with particle filters! 

Hopefully you are kidding but no, **** liquid only for diesel. 

New petrols do have particulate filters tho. Not sure how those will hold up. I don't like them, I don't even like direct injection as there is risk of carbon buildup. 

I hope my 280 stays reliable for years (10?) until I get something that has some electric motive assistance or fully electric. 

Just now, KeteCantek said:

Hopefully you are kidding but no, **** liquid only for diesel. 

New petrols do have particulate filters tho. Not sure how those will hold up. I don't like them, I don't even like direct injection as there is risk of carbon buildup. 

I hope my 280 stays reliable for years (10?) until I get something that has some electric motive assistance or fully electric. 

actually haven’t looked in detail at the how the technology differs from diesel to petrol - was only an assumption they’d require Adblue if they had a particle filter. I stand corrected if not!

54 minutes ago, KeteCantek said:

Indeed my 2017 Vrs245 had the same torque as the 190bhp diesel at 400nm (Skoda claim 370nm) at 2,600rpm.:nod: