16th Nov 2019 Rolling Road Day @ JKM Portsmouth

51 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Tony I was having a dig at Toyota not the owner who could sue them for not providing the advertised horses which didn't turn up as expected.:thumbdown:

Toyota's never run their numbers, need to be run on the very top ron fuel & ragged constantly, very complex timing algorithms, quickly revert to backing off the power. It's a Toyota efficiency ethos that seems to run through the entire range, hope it doesn't show up on the new Supra but, with 340bhp, 500Nm & able to run on 91ron I'm gonna have to call BS on that.

Laws of physics say that just ain't possible

2 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Toyota's never run their numbers, need to be run on the very top ron fuel & ragged constantly, very complex timing algorithms, quickly revert to backing off the power. It's a Toyota efficiency ethos that seems to run through the entire range, hope it doesn't show up on the new Supra but, with 340bhp, 500Nm & able to run on 91ron I'm gonna have to call BS on that.

Laws of physics say that just ain't possible

BMW used to lie about their normally aspirated engines in the 1990's my 1994 325i Coupe should have made 192bhp according to BMW yet AmD said they never made that only the later 328i with the bigger 2.8litre engine managed it. Mine made 183bhp standard down 9bhp and after air filter, exhaust and remap got 199bhp out of it.:thumbdown:

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Finally you did the right thing and joined the 300+ club only 30 months late bit like the Royal Mail's Xmas cards (the ones with cash in anyway).:notme:

3rd service done so, clear for warranty period, the box done what it was asked to do, might have to keep this one outta warranty due to the Mk4 vRS engine lineup being pants & I mean Fn big pants

4 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

I love that car, it's very well looked after by a very knowledgeable owner & maintained regardless of cost. Which is Fn awesome considering its a weekend toy, not so sure the C63 is kept to quite the same high standards or knowledge, which is understandable having met/talked with & quite frankly admired the dedication of the M4's owner.

I can assure you the C63 is kept to a very high standard it has a full Mercedes Benz history and John pays whatever is needed to make it maintained. Not to mention it is fully detailed on a fortnightly basis as a minimum. He will admit his knowledge is not that high thou but even I was shocked that it didn’t break the 500 barrier. Equally I agree the M4 was very nice and the guy definitely knew what he was doing with the car. 

41 minutes ago, SkodaSkilly said:

I can assure you the C63 is kept to a very high standard it has a full Mercedes Benz history and John pays whatever is needed to make it maintained. Not to mention it is fully detailed on a fortnightly basis as a minimum. He will admit his knowledge is not that high thou but even I was shocked that it didn’t break the 500 barrier. Equally I agree the M4 was very nice and the guy definitely knew what he was doing with the car. 

Any other rollers and the C63 will hit 505 or a smidge more, the JKM rollers are not good. I’ve had a couple of AMG’s C63 and E63 and every single C63 ever mapped has over 500, it’s just what they do, all day every day, no questions asked.

Here is my old C63 and the graph after being mapped.

DB4AB820-F802-4710-B252-382BFFC8BCFA.png

1D4DD101-565B-4B19-A8A8-A361DD960142.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkodaSkilly said:

No offense intended Dan, I just don't know Jon as well as I know the M4 owner, has Jon spoken with PSL about the map today, or thought about TH Performance's offer of re-running anyone who's unhappy with their JKM run ? 

Like you guys I'd like to get to the bottom of what's happened, some cars don't seem to have been affected & some NOT as badly as others, I'm trying to figure out what's happened.  Seems to be the top end tuned/more modern cars that have suffered most, sure M12MKD has found his Stage3 Octavia Mk3 has some hardware issues. But, I need to get my head around why cars that are really pushing the boundaries are suffering most.

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

No offense intended Dan, I just don't know Jon as well as I know the M4 owner, has Jon spoken with PSL about the map today, or thought about TH Performance's offer of re-running anyone who's unhappy with their JKM run ? 

Like you guys I'd like to get to the bottom of what's happened, some cars don't seem to have been affected & some NOT as badly as others, I'm trying to figure out what's happened.  Seems to be the top end tuned/more modern cars that have suffered most, sure M12MKD has found his Stage3 Octavia Mk3 has some hardware issues. But, I need to get my head around why cars that are really pushing the boundaries are suffering most.

Yeah that’s cool just wanted to clear up about his car lol just read my reply it came across a bit aggressive lol apologies 

36 minutes ago, Chris245 said:

the JKM rollers are not good.

Thanks for input however to put it in context, Briskoda South East Central has run its last 5 dyno days at JKM & this is the 1st time we've had any reason to doubt their operation. Sure they had a software failure in Nov19 but, they're credibility & professional ability of the actual runs hasn't to this date been questioned.

3 minutes ago, SkodaSkilly said:

Yeah that’s cool just wanted to clear up about his car lol just read my reply it came across a bit aggressive lol apologies 

Naw we're all good, just wanna get to the bottom of the issue if I can, FMS it's only 8 months till we should do another dyno day.

Confidence either needs to be restored in JKM capabilities through understanding what happened or we need to find a equally acceptable set of rollers. I'm still trying to get in touch with friend whom works in the Petro-chemical industry for BP although, in R&D, he knows loads more than me about this kinda stuff than me.

• 3 years later...