16th Nov 2019 Rolling Road Day @ JKM Portsmouth

Hi All,

Turning into a bit of a tradition now. I'm hoping to organise a rolling road day in 16th NOVEMBER at JKM, Portsmouth.

As before, if i get 10 people interested then i will approach JKM and hopefully get the day booked in. The usual format is 3 back to back runs with a print out at the end.

The rollers at JKM are 2WD only, I expect the majority of cars attending will be FWD but for those with RWD cars, put your name on the list anyway and if we get enough people (usually 3+ will do) then JKM can turn the rollers round at the end of the day for us :) 

Its always a good day out and would be good to see you all there again, as well as some new faces!

Cheers

Start Time at 09:00am – Yard Gate open from 8.45am for parking (Please can we ask that vehicles are not parked in front of the solid blue gates next to our entrance or in front of any of our neighbouring businesses as they require constant access) 

£40 for 3 back to back runs - cash preferred on the day to speed payments up.

Front Wheel Drive cars preferred on the cay though if we have sufficient demand we can turn the dyno around for rear wheel drive cars.

Please make it clear when submitting a running order/ list if you have a Rear Wheel Drives car that you would like to run on the day.

No Vans, expect VW Caddy size, No 4 wheel drive cars or Haldex 4 wheel drive

The dyno has a small ramp which leads up to it. Any cars which are very low will not get on the dyno. Please check with us first if you are unsure.

You will receive a colour print out of the best run.

Free Tea/coffee/Biscuits will provided all day

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1

Sorry guys as per usual I'm gonna be a PITA & tag everybody so, you'll be aware, might be a couple of days till everybody is in though

@timyates1989, @Xavier,  @Newport91, @JerryT, @shanemeh, @andy68, @64033@Leeboy, @dsj20v, @skodanorman, @jonbmx900, @mattsv, @JoseDB, @jcarr162000, @ZubSub, @K155BMR,  @zouche, @Chris6663, @Toxicvrs, @LiamONeill, @mycoolbeard, @J45ON, @gary80, @Famous_Afro_Jay, @Bowders1, @TeflonTom, @peterhaskew, @carrera85, @146matty, @JackClap, @vrsjub, @pierst1, @fex, @solite, @jjc, @fatwomble, @kennyd32, @High4, @Mike18Clark, @Gambo, @Evans octy no:67/100, @Dave And Lolli, @Horsee, @andras.orban, @octyjosh, @lemonvrs, @Leee, @Carl Monte, @PompeyKev, @pikachu24, @V8 Dave, @Lee01, @Hyphons, @stuartvrs, @Yoss, @tamiyaandy, @hardcorehobbit,

@andsoutham, @Tomote, @mk4gtiturbo, @Mustafa, @austenw90, @sigarland1987, @BJB540, @Thorpe76, @VladSoilerOfCarpets, @bullawayo, @Octy 4x4t, @Lingnoi, @Lkim13, @AndrewE, @bspman, @Chelseacraig, @jars, @flashman, @Cydermonkey, @AJ7788, @gjgrst, @JGrindel, @MissPiggy, @Hedge, @jronnquist, @CHRIS ELLIS, @Updown789, @stubunce, @@lexc, @Bete Noir@mase101, @Chris245, @jars, @Octy 4x4t, @AndrewE, @Gaz0809, @niceyellow vrs, @Ursicles, @gjgrst, @Geoff1959, @Vrsfabia06, @Paul172sport, @Updown789, @EllenHyuga, @mdk1, @B33fy, @devonutopia, @mdmay, @RO65VRS, @bspman, @Robsskoda, @Thorpe76, @CallmeGaz,

Any of you guys interested @Kenai, @Ads230, @TheWanderer, @Scotty72, @martysparty99, @Guns

Edited by themanwithnoaim
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Count me in:

1. Themanwithnoaim vRS245

2. CallmeGaz - 2018 VW Golf GTi 230 DSG (boggy stannit)

Gaz

Edited by CallmeGaz
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gaz0809 said:

Count me in 

Gaz0808 

mk1 Octavia elegance estate 

24 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

0808 or 0809 🤔 don't want smaller numbers at this kinda event😂😂😂

Bloody fat fingers ! Lol 

just to clarify it’s 0809 🤣👍🏼

• Haha 1

Deffo interested. Need to check with the Social Sec / SWMBO to see which of my weekends isn't taken up with random stuff.

Not had it dyno'd since OEM (+ APR induction kit), so would be properly interested - especially for £40! :) 

Will get back to you @themanwithnoaim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Dealers not any good ? Chuck a thread out in the Mk3 section, name & shame them no gooders

The car goes (hopefully) back to Garland on Monday at 8am sharp. 

They seem to be confident that they will be able to get all of the faults fixed in approximately 2hr as I've sent them the OBD11 scan output giving them the faulty modules and the fault codes for each of them. 

This morning the steering wheel wouldn't release without me getting out of the car, locking it, unlocking it, getting back in and then it would release it, the VC then told me that the infotainment system wasn't switched on... Strange that the display was on and music was playing alright. 

Turned off the radio and turned it back on and it was happy. 

This car is having an electronic nervous breakdown and making sure that I'm a nervous wreck wondering if I'm going to get there in one piece as it has gone into full emergency braking twice without any reason to, luckily for me the vehicle behind was far enough back as so not to cannon in the rear of the car and the last time was at 1am with no one around. 

1. Themanwithnoaim vRS245 (will run last of FWD)

2. Chris245 (possibly)

3. Robsskoda

4. CallmeGas - 2018 VW Golf GTI230 DSG (buggy stannit).

5. Gaz0809 mk1 Octavia elegance estate

6. Ellenhyuna (date dependant)

7. Updown789 (date dependant)

8. Ads230 (possibly)

1st of the RWD

1. Aaron's gt86

@themanwithnoaim Thanks for the tag, I could be interested. However firstly I'd need a pass out for good behaviour.. need to work on that ;) secondly my car will be one year old in terms of me getting it early Nov. So I think I'd like it serviced before any Dyno run with a check over and fresh oil. I need it serviced after 6th Nov ideally so I'm not paying for a second service before it goes back in Nov 2020.

I think I'll be up for it, other half allowing....

My workplace is very local and there's a couple of guys there who would quite like to get their cars on a Dyno I think so is it ok to have them join?  Both would be rwd though.

4 minutes ago, Alex-W said:

I think I'll be up for it, other half allowing....

My workplace is very local and there's a couple of guys there who would quite like to get their cars on a Dyno I think so is it ok to have them join?  Both would be rwd though.

No problems with friends of Briskoda, RWD run last generally as they are normally out numbered & JKM have to turn the rollers around