Retrofit Cruise Control - Fabia 3

Has anybody purchased and fitted  a genuine Skoda retrofit cruise control kit. 

The kit hardware comprises new steering column stalks, It is also supplied with the activation software.

Coding will be needed and this is the main area that I would like some help with.

I do have a Ross-Tech HEX-V2 kit which is capable of coding.

41 minutes ago, Charcoal75 said:

Has anybody purchased and fitted  a genuine Skoda retrofit cruise control kit. 

You have posted this in the Fabia III section.

Your car listing says you have a Karoq?

Thanks AG Falco

The kit part number is 6V0054691A and I purchased it directly from a Skoda dealership.

Note that it is important to check the yjat BCM part number on the vehicle is compatible with the retrofit. In my case the BCM part number is 6C0937089D.

Otherwise a new BCM would be required as well as the retro kit and I believe it would involve some additional wiring too.

The vehicle currently has the speed control only.

I know what it is but I am not familiar with ODIS, all I can say is that the activation software with the kit simply gives 3 fields as follows:

1. Activation code

2. Activation Number

3. PIN code

It states "The activation procedure is only valid and active for one vehicle"

I will be using my Ross-Tech VCDS for coding - hopefully

Hi there, If your car has got Speed Limiter from the factory then the Cruise Control upgrade is quite straight and easy thing. The only thing is to purchase the Stalk and Activation Code (SVM Code), then replace the stalk and get it Coded with ODIS. I'm doing retrofits all around UK and if you could tell me whereabout you live I could help you even with contacting the Skoda Service (I do mostly the jobs for VAG Dealerships). 

The car does have the Speed Limiter from the factory and I have already purchased the stalk and activation code.

I am planning to install the stalk as soon as I have some time so your help may be necessary at that time.

I live in North Yorkshire, I am guessing you are in Birmingham ?

Yes I do live in Birmingham, but in few days I'm planning to go to Sunderland as I have some jobs scheduled there. Unfortunately I don't know any Skoda Dealerships in North Yorkshire very well to get it done for free. I defo could do get it done in Bham Area (i.e. Redditch). 

I can try to get the part numbers tomorrow. About instructions, well, I don't have any because if you order the "kit" from Skoda Parts there should be a booklet with "how-to-fit" illustrations. Skoda services across UK can supply that, or I can get that aswell as I work with TPS and have some discounts. You can contact me tomorrow on 077037fivefive888 if you wish.

Cheers,

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Has anyone got an update as to whether this stalk swap worked please? I've recently bought a 21 plate 1.0 TSi SE with the speed limiter, but would find cruise control much more useful

5 hours ago, Brimma said:

Has anyone got an update as to whether this stalk swap worked please? I've recently bought a 21 plate 1.0 TSi SE with the speed limiter, but would find cruise control much more useful

Its been completed by @wirerhe has a full guide on the process here - https://wirer.sk/f3_tempomat/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JGrindel said:

Its been completed by @wirerhe has a full guide on the process here - https://wirer.sk/f3_tempomat/

Thanks for that 👍

Rang my local dealer today. They've quoted £180 for the kit, £17 for the activation code, and a staggering 3.2 hours labour @£90 per hour, so getting on for £500 in all. I think I could swap the stalks in less than 3 hours, even with my limited technical knowledge 😕

9 hours ago, Brimma said:

Rang my local dealer today. They've quoted £180 for the kit, £17 for the activation code, and a staggering 3.2 hours labour @£90 per hour, so getting on for £500 in all.

HOW MUCH?! Choked on my coffee reading that.

• 3 months later...

Not long had my 21 plate fabia se automatic but would have preferred cruise control rather than the speed limiter. Was supposed to be getting it done today but the guy that skoda Milton Keynes use didn't bother turning up. As my car has the collision avoidance installed would I be able to get adaptive cruise control fitted?