06 Mk1 black 1.9TDi Elegance project

Cleggy

Evening all,

This is my first Skoda, friend at work has a Vrs and have been looking for a project car/daily driver. Picked this up with 94k miles and good service history. Sadly not a Vrs but i love the mk1 look

It has a few little dints and scratches but it is an 06 plate after all. So far the ait filter has been upgraded, the egr valve cleaned out and serviced by me. 

I would like to upgrade the car bit by bit but would appreciate it if someone could suggest places to buy good parts like engine parts etc. 

Here is the engine from the first clean, i have no car maintenance experience so its a steep learning curve. 

20191002_123724.jpg

Where to get parts will vary. Some stuff is best to get genuine from TPS or wherever else

Most other stuff i would personally get from somewhere like autodoc or carparts4less.co.uk. They are the same company as Euro car parts i think. Lot's of second hand parts available too.

How does the car handle and stop? Big improvements can be had if some of these parts are old and worn.
Get some good tyres and Rear anti roll bar.

The air filter is a downgrade to some extent but maybe it sounds good?

you might be happy with a generic remap which you can get cheap/free and you can load that map in with a cheap MPPS cable and laptop.

4 hours ago, corndog said:

Where to get parts will vary. Some stuff is best to get genuine from TPS or wherever else

Most other stuff i would personally get from somewhere like autodoc or carparts4less.co.uk. They are the same company as Euro car parts i think. Lot's of second hand parts available too.

How does the car handle and stop? Big improvements can be had if some of these parts are old and worn.
Get some good tyres and Rear anti roll bar.

The air filter is a downgrade to some extent but maybe it sounds good?

you might be happy with a generic remap which you can get cheap/free and you can load that map in with a cheap MPPS cable and laptop.

Hi corndog,

Thank you i will have a look at the websites you suggested. The car handles great tbh, im quite suprised how smooth the ride is for its age. Ive only ever had older cars too so i can tell ha. 

Tyres are on the list as well as searching for new alloys for next years warm weather. Is the air filter a downgrade? 

I was unaware that you could do a generic map yourself? 

Nice one that it is well set up already!

the file/map would be best done by someone else but loading it onto the car is straightforward if you follow the right instructions. You would need a copy of MPPS a MPPS cable with laptop and obviously a map file