Multimedia . Europe

My 2013 octavia 5e multimedia stoped working.

There is no sound.I mean no sound at all.

Everything else works(sat nav and so on).

I have tried everything . went to the dealership they said : well its shot(dead) and we will replace it for 2500 euros(Estonian dealer). in all honesty i just dont have that money.

Other electronics repair shops won't even look at it. Because its to complex.

im out of ideas.

So in my last effort trying to get some help is turning to you guys. 

What should i do ? where should i look ? 

where can i send it to get fixed? if thats even possible? 

what are my options. 

Lad from estonia.

20191001_112956.jpg

20191007_181912.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a mib1 unit and screen, would need cp removing I think to go in yours. Id take £200 plus postage ? My mib2 with no screen was £550, so I think that’s fair at a guess.

image.jpg

Edited by Neolithian

• 3 weeks later...

Update : i got it back from the repair shop. Still no sound. It is in mute state( dosent allow to turn up the volume at all, sat nav is dissableb. Everything sound related dosent work. So heres the question. Do i pay x amount of money and try to get it coded and try to update firmware and hope the fix worked. Or do i order the replacment from ebay and get the new unit coded. 

Sound problems are typical issues in MIB1. First action is to upgrade frimware (pls post a picture showing current SW version), if it doesn't help then next step is to resolder power amplifier chips and if still no change then replacement of power amplifier chips.

well the unit isnt connected to the  car at the moment, i have a ghetto setup instead (regular 1 din radio). Software picture is second one in the 2 pictures i have here. if i remember correctly the skoda dealer somehow messed it up and it didnt show any number(firmare number) at all. i got it the unit back from the repair shop. now im just waiting to get it updated. if you have a software link that i can dowload and try it myself then we will find out if the soldering worked or not.