Supplementary heater / auxiliary heater

Hello all,

I have seen a couple of mentions on Briskoda about the auxiliary heater / supplementary heater fitted to the Superb Mk III. The car has an electric supplementary heater but the car is advertised with an auxiliary heater. 

I bought my car about a month ago thinking it has a aux heater as part of the specification only to find out after I bought it the VW / Skoda terminology was wrong. 

Auxiliary Heating System: -

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/warm-safe-clever-skoda-auxiliary-heating-systems/

Youtube Skoda Connect Skoda - Auxiliary Heater: 

The below is from a similar used car on the skoda web site: -

image.png.6684a43b9534264a150e343b6b4717f0.png

From the Skoda Superb Instruction Manual

image.png.eaeedca5be31a67d7cb0462dafd16551.png

Skoda replied to me saying: -

The information in the advert is pulled through automatically from CAP, our Product Marketing department have spoken to CAP, and for the pre facelift SUPERB every car which had an ‘electric auxiliary heater’ has the specification listed as ‘auxiliary heater’.  For facelift SUPERB the description has been extended to ‘electric auxiliary heater’.

So for anyone who is thinking of buying a Skoda Superb it has an electric supplementary heater not an auxiliary heater (parking heater).

image.png

I don't know why the fuel heater isn't sold in the UK. Why would a car company miss an opportunity to sell more stuff?

The only thing i can think of is that it only fits the left hand drive variants for some reason...

The UK one is an electrical type that needs the engine running to power it.

The heater has been offered on the Octavia in the past, don't recall ever seeing it on the S3 options list.

It is probably a Webasto unit, if the car was mine I would probably fit a heater of some kind but I make do with a fan heater on the drivers seat for 15 minutes on very cold days.

I have a Pandora security system fitted to my Superb with secure remote start

This morning it was 3C inside my car when I checked the fob.

By the time I got in, it was 25C 😎

Get one. Don't look at the amount when you pay, just get one lol....
SWMBO even approves, as it warms her seat too