Front Fog Lights Not Working

KCross98

Hi all. Recently bought a 2001 Fabia 1.4 MPI and have been doing some work on it for it to pass an MOT. The MOT is tomorrow and today I decided to go over everything and came to realise that the front fog lights dont work but the rear one does, after looking online it could be the switch. Any other ideas??

13 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

The switch is the most likely culprit but front fogs are not testable so it won't fail an MOT.

I'm off to get a new switch in the morning before my MOT anyway. Thanks for that 

2 minutes ago, mogwye said:

Very basic question, you are pulling the fog light switch to the second notch/phase of the switch ?

DB.

Yeah tried all of that but no luck, just going to replace the switch in the morning

1 hour ago, KCross98 said:

have also checked the fuses

Which fuse did you check for the fronts? Always worth trying a new fuse rather than just looking at the old one.

As said though, not testable so barely worth the cost of a fuse let alone a new switch.

3 minutes ago, Wino said:

Which fuse did you check for the fronts? Always worth trying a new fuse rather than just looking at the old one.

As said though, not testable so barely worth the cost of a fuse let alone a new switch.

I tried swapping the fuse with a same amp one in the fuse box but nothing changed. And I checked the front fog light fuse which is number 65