Exhaust upgrade for Rapid?

Hi,

I've just had my 1.2 TSI mapped and I'm toying with the idea of fitting a new exhaust to it to give it a bit of a grumble. I'm not after a 5" canon on the back that you hear a mile off, but something with a bit of crackle. It's something I've never done before, so I'm just after a bit of beginner/newbie advice?

1) What sort of things should I be aware of? I'm completely green to this so have no idea where to start

2) Can anyone recommend somewhere in the North West that would be able to assist in questions? Have you been somewhere that was brilliant?  

3) If you've upgraded the exhaust, was it worth the money/time?

4) What brands/makes would be worth investigating?

Apologies if they are stupid questions!

More of it on the continent I think.

Google "Skoda Rapid Auspuff" and put the results through google translate.

Stuff like this:

or here:

https://www.skoda-tuning.com/fahrzeugmodelle/Rapid-680/Auspuff-695/

Edited by camelspyyder

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 21:59, camelspyyder said:

More of it on the continent I think.

Google "Skoda Rapid Auspuff" and put the results through google translate.

Stuff like this:

or here:

https://www.skoda-tuning.com/fahrzeugmodelle/Rapid-680/Auspuff-695/

Thanks for the info!

Would prefer something UK based, but will consider all options to see what's about!

On 18/10/2019 at 17:12, WolfyWesty said:

Hi,

I've just had my 1.2 TSI mapped and I'm toying with the idea of fitting a new exhaust to it to give it a bit of a grumble. I'm not after a 5" canon on the back that you hear a mile off, but something with a bit of crackle. It's something I've never done before, so I'm just after a bit of beginner/newbie advice?

1) What sort of things should I be aware of? I'm completely green to this so have no idea where to start

2) Can anyone recommend somewhere in the North West that would be able to assist in questions? Have you been somewhere that was brilliant?  

3) If you've upgraded the exhaust, was it worth the money/time?

4) What brands/makes would be worth investigating?

Apologies if they are stupid questions!

Your best bet is to find a local exhaust fabricator, you're unlikely to get anything off the shelf. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 04:57, CrisBora said:

I removed the center muffler, and buyed a mk2 rs  rear muffler, and sounded like this 

That sounds good! Surprised you didn't need to modify the rear bumper, looks like I'd have to cut mine to get the exhaust out the back.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 22:05, Greenline3Matt said:

Your best bet is to find a local exhaust fabricator, you're unlikely to get anything off the shelf. 

Yeah, that's the route I've gone down. Booked in for Monday 11th!

On 05/11/2019 at 11:20, WolfyWesty said:

That sounds good! Surprised you didn't need to modify the rear bumper, looks like I'd have to cut mine to get the exhaust out the back.

Make sure you post a video! 

• 1 month later...
On 05/11/2019 at 11:20, WolfyWesty said:

Still no video?!?! 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 18:17, Greenline3Matt said:

Still no video?!?! 

Had a cat-back stainless steel exhaust fitted by Pipewerx. The change in exhaust size was staggering! Nearly 20mm increase from the stock pipe! Hoping to go back in the new year and get a full stainless system.

Sounds good - good burble when idle/normal driver and a good growl when you floor it -  just haven't gotten round to getting a video. Hopefully will do soon!

• Like 2