MK2 VRS from the other side of the pond

CrisBora

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Cristian, please, can you check the clearance from the wheel to the coilover when installed? I have Superleggeras 17x8 and there are milimeters between wheel and OEM shock.

Why you choose this bilstein reference instead 48-146852?

Thanks a lot and great mods

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 27/12/2020 at 18:32, jemarcan said:

Hello Cristian, please, can you check the clearance from the wheel to the coilover when installed? I have Superleggeras 17x8 and there are milimeters between wheel and OEM shock.

Why you choose this bilstein reference instead 48-146852?

Hi! Haven't installed yet. Ordered a kit from ECS that hasn´t arrived and I want to install this thing right from the first time. 
The wheels, I checked the OZ wheel catalog and based in that, I made the purchase, I tried some oz crono 17x8 but they rubbed.
As for the bilstein kit, here in Chile we don't have the itv tuv or mot you have in europe. This kit is made for the mk3 fabia, wich uses, the same shocks of the mk2 vrs 6R/6C CODE. Weight wise, the same axle load +or -

• Like 1

On 07/01/2021 at 07:26, Mickmartin said:

Welcome, Hola! What a lucky man to be from Chile, such a beautiful country.

Car looks and some nice mods planned. Keep up updated as I'd love to see what the car scene in chile is like!

Hi mate! Thanks for the compliment on the country. If you come to SCL, let me know. I will post more content as soon as the customs let in the goods!

Thats a maaaaad fabia you have sir! 

• Like 1

At the moment not giving any trouble whatsoever.

coolant wise, using mocool, replaced all the g13 from the system.

dsg shows same temp all over the day, 6 runs of 8 laps each.

As a caution measure, will change the dsg map. Tvs or rtmg, still trying to know experience from other users but none seem to take this to track that much.

Engine oil, reaches 120 /130 Celsius. 
Using Ravenol RUP 5w40. No signs of oil usage. 10.000 km service 450cc of oil.

Soon, more upgrades to the puppy.

• Like 1

TT joints basically give the car -1.50 degrees of camber not too much, not much like the mk3 lower arm which is longer and by itself gives you -2.50 of negative camber. If the car is a daily driver, the TT will do the trick. If it’s used as a track “weapon” the other is the option but may require washers to avoid the cv joint to pop out.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CrisBora said:

TT joints basically give the car -1.50 degrees of camber not too much, not much like the mk3 lower arm which is longer and by itself gives you -2.50 of negative camber. If the car is a daily driver, the TT will do the trick. If it’s used as a track “weapon” the other is the option but may require washers to avoid the cv joint to pop out.

Did not know that. I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the revo dealer and couldn’t resist to make it stage1

The fabia went from 169 whp to 193 whp

Feels a lot more top end than stock, assuming that I’m putting sooner a 200cel cat downpipe, I hope to pass the 200whp barrier.

Next mod? BRAKES

DE2B5060-F9CF-4486-A9B4-68831600EF41.jpeg

C287EFBA-97BA-4B5E-9C5D-E5BD60F5BEAF.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 01/03/2021 at 21:35, CrisBora said:

coolant wise, using mocool, replaced all the g13 from the system.

How long you use Mocool?

In which ratio with the existing G13 that you have?

Another upgrades for the project

-racingline big brake kit.

Lightweight as can be. Less than the original set intended.

- baf motorsport K brace

I was searching briskoda, and some user had that intalled. So, went for it. I pretend not to use the rear seat as I did in the former “track” fabia. As soon as I removed the seats, it felt more sloopy on corners so, K brace it.

And well, R8 coil packs 

Used the Beru ones instead of NGK and went straight to the dyno. No misfires, aaaaaaand! More power.

Previous Dyno run

169 whp stock

193 whp with revo stage 1

202 whp with the R8 coils

Also adapter in progress, a friend almost hit me when I said that needed one. He’s designing it for me free of charge  

46E8CCA2-9686-4325-91FF-FFFC14D6AABB.jpeg

D5CF72D1-1A9C-4C84-BE7C-DE4E2B026F56.jpeg

DB19DEB7-32AF-4727-B217-5C64FE7991C6.jpeg

465ED01D-A4C0-4A65-A287-CD712FB5C253.jpeg

3FD652AF-054C-4248-A296-379A92F6EE55.jpeg

21163504-FE11-4552-81BD-E1DAB0FFDDAB.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CrisBora said:

The suggested one in the back of the mocool.

You use Mocool only on track days or even in every day driving?

All i want to understand is if an every day driver has a benefit using distilled water + G12 + Mocool and if this combinations helps on traffic better than the standard combination or Mocool is only for racing days?

2 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

You use Mocool only on track days or even in every day driving?

All i want to understand is if an every day driver has a benefit using distilled water + G12 + Mocool and if this combinations helps on traffic better than the standard combination or Mocool is only for racing days?

I flushed the whole system with new distilled water, also to remove the G13 as many people are doing to replace with G12evo.

Then I used Mocool only for a period of time. No issues.

Now using ravenol hotclimate, because as stated I live in Chile which is a warm climate.

A constant test to make this really hot engine, a little bit better to not drop the performance under Trackday load.

4 hours ago, CrisBora said:

I flushed the whole system with new distilled water, also to remove the G13 as many people are doing to replace with G12evo.

Then I used Mocool only for a period of time. No issues.

Now using ravenol hotclimate, because as stated I live in Chile which is a warm climate.

A constant test to make this really hot engine, a little bit better to not drop the performance under Trackday load.

1) Viva Chile (for sure you will know some things for us the Greeks here)

2) Congratulations for your Fabia and keep up the good work

3) Here in Greece we have hot climate also that's why i wanted to use an additive to my coolant as Mocool (others are Wetter Water, Dei, Royal Purple, Amsoil etc) to help it cool faster.

Distilled water + Mocool does not help at all in the winter plus i doubt about the lubrication of the pump.