Reprogramming VRS tail lights with OBD11

Hi Guys.

I have 2018 SE-L octavia with standard tail lights (see photo) and have found on ebay for a decent price VRS high spec tail lights (agin see photo).Now looking at the lights I would assume that connector would be same and i think the only bulbs that would need reprogramming would be fog bulbs the rest would be plug and play i assume ( correct me if Im wrong).Now has anybody ever done this if yes any advice would be appreciated, and even better anybody with OBD11 and with this tail lights that can send me screen shot from settings on their car would be perfect then i can match with mine.

Thanks

20191018_172245.jpg

IMG-20191018-WA0015.jpg

34 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

I have these lights as standard on my VRS 2019, do you mean you want a shot of my lighting module out of OBD11 or are you looking for someone who has done the mod?

Yes please.Thanks

6 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

Those look like tail lights from a hatchback, you may struggle to get them to fit, never mind work...?

Those might be but the one that im buying are from estate.And any way everyone is saying they are same.But honestly i do not know.

23 minutes ago, ExSEAT said:

Just to check is it module 9 you are looking for? If you can be exact I can pull the coding out of the 79 pages I have in a text file for you tomorrow

That is correct module 9 and i will try to compare to mine.Thanks.

I've done this on a 2015 vrs Combi their plug and play with correct adaptors . You have to do nothing with obd 11 . They will work perfectly .(your stop and tail in your existing lights are led,  and indicator and reverse are bulb) the facelift lamps are exactly the same stop and tail led , reverse and indicator are bulb .  The adaptors are in the link. This set is for the Combi there is another set for the sedan.  Hope this helps you .  https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/tail-lights-3/led-tail-light-adapters-from-octavia-2/

6 hours ago, itsbrun said:

I've done this on a 2015 vrs Combi their plug and play with correct adaptors . You have to do nothing with obd 11 . They will work perfectly .(your stop and tail in your existing lights are led,  and indicator and reverse are bulb) the facelift lamps are exactly the same stop and tail led , reverse and indicator are bulb .  The adaptors are in the link. This set is for the Combi there is another set for the sedan.  Hope this helps you .  https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/tail-lights-3/led-tail-light-adapters-from-octavia-2/

So you think that even I have a 2018 Facelift model I will need a cable adapters.Regarding reprogramming I have assumed that it will be like that but my fog lights are normal bulb comparing to high spec are LED that is only difference that i see except design.But to be honest im bit disappointed if different connectors are required as i have assumed that wiring loom would be same for cost purposes( same loom they just add on it depending on what spec car and then just reprogram what is necessary)as if they have different models and have different wiring looms then in my opinion would be waste of money for them.If i have pre facelift  then i would understand.Lets see as my came without paddle shifters and i have bought a steering wheel thad has them(from superb but same year 2018) and they worked perfectly without adaptors or any reprogramming.

Thanks for your reply.

7 hours ago, itsbrun said:

You were right.I just pulled my lights out and connectors are totally different.But €70 for a bit of a cable while whole tail light is €161 on their website is a bit ridiculous.It looks like we gonna pass this mod if i can not find cheaper cables.Thanks.

I have Octavia iii facelift sedan.

I've already installed those tail lights and working perfectly without any coding.

I only bought the connectors and create an adapter. 

15 minutes ago, ksts said:

I've already installed those tail lights and working perfectly without any coding.

What about fog lights are they working as well as on my they are normal bulbs but on this high spec they are leds?No issues there?I will as well do same and create a adaptor all parts from skoda are £29 so much cheaper option.

Yes, working perfect also.

The only normal bulbs, as I can remember, are the reverse bulb and the turn bulb.

I ordered the connectors from Audi dealer because was cheaper than Skoda dealer. It costs me about 25€, but from eBay is more cheaper.

3 minutes ago, ksts said:

The only normal bulbs, as I can remember, are the reverse bulb and the turn bulb.

I ordered the connectors from Audi dealer because was cheaper than Skoda dealer. It costs me about 25€, but from eBay is more cheaper.

That is good if there is no need for coding I thought it will be problem because difference between fog bulbs.I look everywhere for adaptors but could not find unless i pay £70-80 so i will create my own much cheaper there is video on youtube how to do it so fingers crossed.Thanks.

On 19/10/2019 at 22:21, ksts said:

Hi do you have maybe part number as Skoda is being stupid they saying couple connectors have arrived but rest is on back order.So if you have part number it would be great.

Thanks

My Octavia is the sedan version.

So the part numbers is not the same with Combi.

Sedan:

191 972 716

1S0 972 706

Terminals:

N103 361 05 (this is 1.5mm and wasn't fits ok in the socket)

N103 189 05 (this is 2.8mm and i think that will fits exactly)

A018 545 86 26

Combi:

3C0 972 733

1S0 972 706

Terminals:

N103 361 05

A018 545 86 26

The attached image shows how must the adapter will be.

This video will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=285&v=tajW9HEL1Vo

You can make the adapter as long as you want.

Yesterday I've check the coding with VCDS.

The coding is the same with the RS led lights.

rear led wiring adapter.jpg

8 minutes ago, ksts said:

My Octavia is the sedan version.

So the part numbers is not the same with Combi.

Sedan:

191 972 716

1S0 972 706

Terminals:

N103 361 05 (this is 1.5mm and wasn't fits ok in the socket)

N103 189 05 (this is 2.8mm and i think that will fits exactly)

A018 545 86 26

Combi:

3C0 972 733

1S0 972 706

Terminals:

N103 361 05

A018 545 86 26

The attached image shows how must the adapter will be.

This video will help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=285&v=tajW9HEL1Vo

You can make the adapter as long as you want.

Yesterday I've check the coding with VCDS.

The coding is the same with the RS led lights.

rear led wiring adapter.jpg

Thank you.

• 3 years later...
On 23/10/2019 at 16:12, Veki007 said:

Thank you.

I have also rs pre FL what do you need to code for fl rear lights? And anyone got PN for base for bulbs for fl lights? I will buy new lamps and came without base-plate for bulbs or they are the same on pre FL? 

Likely these which are different to the pre-FL:

https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/tail-lights-3/oem-5e9945231-bulb-holder-skoda-octavia/

https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/tail-lights-3/oem-5e9945232-bulb-holder-skoda-octavia/

You'll also need 8 screws to attach them, part number N10549603.

I use VCDS for coding but plenty use OBDeleven, I think changes are only needed when converting from halogen to LED so you might be OK.

For example: https://www.drive2.ru/l/638653803968617256/

Ok thank you very much, do you maybe also have PN for rear lights FL? For Europe. I find some diferent PN but i am not sure. 

So all together i need lights, bulb brackets, connectors, and just connect no coding becouse i have vrs which has LED? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/10/2019 at 22:44, ksts said:

Where did you find pins? I am strugling searching for pins, i already bought connectors and cable, do you have any Oem number or where to find them