Front End Clunks

16 minutes ago, TMB said:

That's not enough to detect knackered drop links. It doesn't put the same kind of shocks or leverage through them as when the car is moving.

Yeah that's what I thought but I thought I'd have look at them to see if one of them was maybe loose or something. As per Wino's suggestion, i'l drive it down a quiet road swaying the car from side to side vigorously and listen out for clunks and report back with my findings.

Thanks again

On 23/10/2019 at 22:31, Tomjones1995 said:

Yeah that's what I thought but I thought I'd have look at them to see if one of them was maybe loose or something. As per Wino's suggestion, i'l drive it down a quiet road swaying the car from side to side vigorously and listen out for clunks and report back with my findings.

Thanks again

Okay then, so I found a quiet car park and swung the car around from side to side and there was no noises at all. So I'm guessing the drop links are in good nick. I'm not gonna bother changing them until this noise becomes more prominent but it has been 'clunking' randomly for a couple of years now so God knows what's the culprit.

Cheers anyway for the suggestions guys

I was driving the car around town this morning and shifting between 1st and 3rd gears and it resulted in a clunk sound from the transmission area then a very loud set of clunks followed from both front wheel areas one after the other

Does anybody know what this may be?

1 hour ago, stuart vrs said:

The clunking sound from my car after months got to me and I changed the ARB's £3 odd each from TPS, nice, tight and awkward to get into the arches, I had to purchase the 19mm ones. Or turn the radio up. 

By ARB's do you mean anti roll bar bushes or drop links?

1 hour ago, Tomjones1995 said:

By ARB's do you mean anti roll bar bushes or drop links?

He means the bushes as 19mm is one of the sizes.

• Thanks 1