Kodiaq Virtual cockpit Help

Hi All,

Just got my brand new Kodiaq SEL and absolutley love it! One problem though is that I have the virtual cockpit and for some odd reason the GPS map does not show on the cockpit. It showed up once, but since then, it doesn't show the map? Just a blank screen? When I start the car, it does say loading map, but once done nothing shows.

Anyone heard or had this issue before? I hope it just a setting and not a fault.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, JasperVelders said:

Are you running navigation on android auto or apple car play? The map view doesn’t work if you’ve got that on.

No its the built in Nav. When starting the car, the Nav works fine on centre console but the virtual cockpit says "Loading Sat Nav" and then just shows blank? Works once but since nothing?

Side note, the i button in the car above my head doesn't work either....Is a SIM needed for that or could this be related to the Nav Issue?

• 3 weeks later...

hi there,

Did you ever found out what happened ?

the same thing just happed to me as well. Picked up my KODIAQ a few days ago. Navigation seemed to work fine in the virtual cockpit. And from time to time it is acting up and not showing in the VC. Yet the navigation words fine on the infotainment system. 

skoda connect all properly set up and sim car fully functional. 

anyone has any more on this topic ?

On 27/10/2019 at 00:01, MrPhoenix said:

Hi All,

Just got my brand new Kodiaq SEL and absolutley love it! One problem though is that I have the virtual cockpit and for some odd reason the GPS map does not show on the cockpit. It showed up once, but since then, it doesn't show the map? Just a blank screen? When I start the car, it does say loading map, but once done nothing shows.

Anyone heard or had this issue before? I hope it just a setting and not a fault.

Thanks!

same problem from italy.. got my new kodiaq VRS yesterday, today i've tried several times, only once i've got the map on the VC, all the other times i got the black screen.. :/ :/ :/

any news?

firmware upgrades? 

22 minutes ago, m206 said:

same problem from italy.. got my new kodiaq VRS yesterday, today i've tried several times, only once i've got the map on the VC, all the other times i got the black screen.. 😕 😕 😕

any news?

firmware upgrades? 

It seems to have stopped for the moment. 

I’ve tried to get into the car without turning the bluetooth on... and turn it on a few minutes after. Perhaps that was the issue. 
now I go into the car with Bluetooth on and not problem. 

I have not taken the car to the dealership yet because the issue seems to be resolved for the time being. 

let’s wait and see. 

ive tried to look at Skoda ERWIN and have not found this issue so it means that propably aren’t a lot of people complaining about this... yet. 

47 minutes ago, wdufour105 said:

It seems to have stopped for the moment. 

I’ve tried to get into the car without turning the bluetooth on... and turn it on a few minutes after. Perhaps that was the issue. 
now I go into the car with Bluetooth on and not problem. 

I have not taken the car to the dealership yet because the issue seems to be resolved for the time being. 

let’s wait and see. 

ive tried to look at Skoda ERWIN and have not found this issue so it means that propably aren’t a lot of people complaining about this... yet. 

Many thanks.

In the meanwhile I went to the dealer.

He accepted the glitch, he connected his VAG and it seems that one control unit wasn't active (don't ask me which and why, the car is one-day new).

So he reset the amundsen and relaunch the VAG "recognizing" program, to be sure that all control unit were visibles by the system.

Now it seems to work, in the weekend i'll do a lot more tests, and i'll keep updated both the dealer and here in the forum. 

6 hours ago, m206 said:

Many thanks.

In the meanwhile I went to the dealer.

He accepted the glitch, he connected his VAG and it seems that one control unit wasn't active (don't ask me which and why, the car is one-day new).

So he reset the amundsen and relaunch the VAG "recognizing" program, to be sure that all control unit were visibles by the system.

Now it seems to work, in the weekend i'll do a lot more tests, and i'll keep updated both the dealer and here in the forum. 

Hi ,

Ok thanks for that. 

I guess my case is a bit different in that I looked up any faults via OBDEleven and could not find anything. All clear. 
But yeah if the VAG found a problem with a control unit then your issue should now be fixed. 

keep us informed on the tests  ;)

Thanks

William

55 minutes ago, wdufour105 said:

Hi ,

Ok thanks for that. 

I guess my case is a bit different in that I looked up any faults via OBDEleven and could not find anything. All clear. 
But yeah if the VAG found a problem with a control unit then your issue should now be fixed. 

keep us informed on the tests  ;)

Thanks

William

unfortunately the problem isn't solved at all.. 😞 😞 😞 😞

when i took back the car in the late afternoon (2/3 hours after the dealer fix) the map wasn't showing again..

Next monday i'll inform the dealer, i hope in some navi/software upgrades to solve the problem..

what's the part number of your amundsen??

Hello from Spain, I have the exact same problem but only happened once, for now. The next day the map showed correctly on the VC. My car is a Kodiaq RS, 2 months old.

That was just a couple of days ago so I don't have much backlog to consider. One interesting thing, though, is that it started happening when I had my usual phone in an extreme energy saving mode (was running out of battery charge), not sure what it does to connectivity, bluetooth, etc. Not sure if that has anything to do, but it seems that it shouldn't be ruled out straight away.

On 22/11/2019 at 23:23, m206 said:

unfortunately the problem isn't solved at all.. 😞 😞 😞 😞

when i took back the car in the late afternoon (2/3 hours after the dealer fix) the map wasn't showing again..

Next monday i'll inform the dealer, i hope in some navi/software upgrades to solve the problem..

what's the part number of your amundsen??

Hi,

So no Amundsen for me I have the Columbus.

I thought problem solved because it had not happened since, but it just happened again this afternoon.

Loaded my profile on the car, and display black.

Funny enough you can zoom in and out.... on a black screen.

I am supposed to,have an appointment soon with the dealer to install the anti theft locks on the wheels and activate lock/unlock feature on the car so I will mention this as well.

On 22/11/2019 at 14:51, m206 said:

same problem from italy.. got my new kodiaq VRS yesterday, today i've tried several times, only once i've got the map on the VC, all the other times i got the black screen.. :/ :/ :/

any news?

firmware upgrades? 

Hi,

Last time I checked with OBDEleven no fault at all on the car.

Might be a firmware update because it looks as though the problem we are all having on the Virtual cockpit is happening on all new vehicules.

I think it's fair to say this issue is relevant to vehicules made anywhere between this summer and now?

I'm sure SKODA will have a fix and recall cars involved once the issue has been logged by them.

This does not look like it is a common issue as this forum seems to be the only place where this is mentioned.

So.... I guess only new vehicules involved....?!

My car is produced in March and doesn`t have any VC issues. However I noticed by the photos, represented by Zacdaman, that some small symbols have changed on the VC, so it means they launched a new firmware for VC sometime this year. Which seems to be buggy.

My car does this when I start it up while in the sport view...not sure why? The information/oil temp display disappear with the confirmation button popping up, but just seems weird for it to show in the first place.

1998542167_9efFw0b(1).thumb.jpg.69cbf9560247ee7945e20c781729491a.jpg

Hello Everyone.

in the meanwhile i think the problem is solved.

in my case i think it's connected with keys, not with phone.

i noticed that in the first 2 days of use i was still using the key to open and close the car, and the map wasn't showing.

then a friend of mine told me to use the sensors in the hanlde of the car.. and since i started using the handle sensor (i've keyless option), the map is always on the vc and the problem disappeared, and now everything's perfect...

very strange i know, but it's the only thing i've changed..

maybe you could try it too..

Let me know ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2019 at 09:38, m206 said:

Hello Everyone.

in the meanwhile i think the problem is solved.

in my case i think it's connected with keys, not with phone.

i noticed that in the first 2 days of use i was still using the key to open and close the car, and the map wasn't showing.

then a friend of mine told me to use the sensors in the hanlde of the car.. and since i started using the handle sensor (i've keyless option), the map is always on the vc and the problem disappeared, and now everything's perfect...

very strange i know, but it's the only thing i've changed..

maybe you could try it too..

Let me know ;)

Hi,

No changes for me.

It still does it from time to time for no appearant reson the Map on the VC just won't load and sometimes it does.

Should take the car to the dealer within the next weeks to get the lock unlock function activated so will keep the forum updated.

Anyone else having this issue again?

Best

W

• 4 weeks later...

Same issue here, I got the virtual cockpit (VC) and Columbus media system  - though my car is a Karoq. Initially the VC showed the map in parallel to the media system  - this is one of the reasons why I wanted my car equipped with the VC.

This nice feature worked exactly one day - now the VC remains blank (though it does show direction pointers when approaching a crossing).  I'm going to see my dealer next week - and later will provide an update here.

Greetings from Singapore

5 hours ago, DiWo said:

Same issue here, I got the virtual cockpit (VC) and Columbus media system  - though my car is a Karoq. Initially the VC showed the map in parallel to the media system  - this is one of the reasons why I wanted my car equipped with the VC.

This nice feature worked exactly one day - now the VC remains blank (though it does show direction pointers when approaching a crossing).  I'm going to see my dealer next week - and later will provide an update here.

Greetings from Singapore

Hi,

So I took my car to the dealer to get my anti theft bolts fitted, and mentioned the VC issue.

Turns out, there is no error message coming back to their diagnostic tools, they checked the entertainment system and no faults came back.

This means they cant do sh++ for the moment.

They said it is possible that if other customers keep reporting back this issues skoda will look into it but otherwise we just have to wait for a recall...

My car is new from end of 2019 so they said usually new cars that have issues often get solved with time once there is a recall put in place.

Not the solution I was expecting but anyway.

So that's that.

Let us know what your dealer says in Singpore :)

Best

Will

48 minutes ago, wdufour105 said:

My car is new from end of 2019 so they said usually new cars that have issues often get solved with time once there is a recall put in place.

Like I mentioned, my car is March 2019 and have no VC issues.

But there has been a software update to VC sometime in the summer, because the icons of late VC look slightly different than of mine.

So, they broke a working thing. 

1 hour ago, linni said:

Like I mentioned, my car is March 2019 and have no VC issues.

But there has been a software update to VC sometime in the summer, because the icons of late VC look slightly different than of mine.

So, they broke a working thing. 

Yes I know. But I’m sure there will be (a) / (another) fix. Might take some time though. 
Fingers crossed we won’t have to wait too long. 

2 hours ago, wdufour105 said:

They said it is possible that if other customers keep reporting back this issues skoda will look into it but otherwise we just have to wait for a recall...

Did your dealer feedback the issue to Skoda? Skoda will only be prompted to do something if the dealers actually tell Skoda of their customers complaints.

18 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Did your dealer feedback the issue to Skoda? Skoda will only be prompted to do something if the dealers actually tell Skoda of their customers complaints.

No I don’t think they did. 

When I took the car to the dealer the map worked so that didn’t help lol. 

If more people complain to my dealership and they are able to see hands on what the problem is.... they will report it back to ŠKODA France. 

Otherwise you have to wait for a recall on the cars that have this issue. 

As more and more cars are experiencing this issue... this should attract more attention. 

I checked online in the ŠKODA Erwin database which you can have access to for an hour or more (have to pay for it obviously). There is nothing in there on this issue. It’s too early for that. 

• Like 1

You'd think Skoda would have a system that enables their dealer network to feedback these glitches and anomalies instantly. Likewise you'd hope proactive dealers would be feeding back to Skoda after each fault, rather than waiting to see it themselves multiple times first.

Skoda are getting a bit of a reputation for launching glitchy electrical systems and software of late.

Their customers are having to do too much of their testing for them. Not good enough.