2016 octavia dsg tdi high miles required!

It should have had brake fluid changed by now, and that DSG Oil change, then as said DSG every 40,000 miles.

With the 5w 30 FS Long life oil (VW507 00) and doing high miles i would not change at 10,000 miles, 

variable / flexible is fine and you will change the oil and filter often enough.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

Edited by Roottootemoot

I don’t change my oil at 10k, I get it done when the car demands, usually around 17-18k miles on variable service. My car has done 120,000 miles now, 2014 vRS TDI DSG. Been perfect, service on time, DSG box done on time and cambelt/water pump changed when needed. There really isn’t much else preventative that can be done. My dpf is 67% full at this point.

• Like 1

I’ve driven taxis for 18 years, majority being VAG vehicles. Bear in mind my mileage is mostly urban and as a consequence I go through the revs and gear changes much more. I would change the oil every 10,000 miles, on the 2.0L DSG the oil is shared with the mechatronic so I would change every 30-35k. I’d do brake fluid annually and although cam belt is recommended at 150k ! (I know) I’d do this with water pump every 80,000.

hope that helps.

ps. I expect to get usually around 300-350k before I upgrade it :)

Edited by Neolithian
Extra detail added
  • Like 1

Are you changing the oil yourself?

Oil is the lifeblood of any engine and turbo. Taxi's work hard, heavy loads, city centre crawling, motorway jaunts, idling, 7 days a week, all weather and all conditions. Often many different drivers too.

10,000 mile service intervals may be a tad overkill when doing 70,000+ miles a year, but when 5 litres of genuine VAG Quantum Longlife III oil can be had for £24, plus an £8 MANN oil filter and an hour of your time it really is the best way to prolong engine life.

The only other significant influence is the soft squishy lump behind the wheel and their ability to read the road conditions and their mechanical sympathy.

• Like 1