Will Your TV Still Support Netflix after 2019?

I decided a long while ago to switch to a Roku box as support for smart TV seems to disappear after a few years. Our 5 year old Panasonic is a good TV but iPlayer support stopped a couple of years ago and all the new streaming services aren't there. The Roku 3 box has almost everything.

I've got it via Virgin Media but don't use it, subscribe to Amazon Prime.

Thanks for the heads up though I'll keep an eye on my TV apps if it disappears, my TV's around 3 years old.

Never trust anything to last more than a few years if it runs on 'Apps' unless it's actually a computer.

That goes for cars, tvs, fridges, kids toys, microwaves or whatever the IOT crap of the day is.

• Like 2

Am I bothered ? NON. I've got an old Humax 9125, which records all the old freeview channels ,with a link in for an old Freesat set top box( and an old VCR linked to the Freesat box) . With a newish Humax 1800T all linked up to a Samsung 32" freeview TV. So I've got a ot of channel record space, with multi watch space. I don't have any subscriptions to anything, basicly  because we don't need it. 1800T has i Player capacity.

Just checked and our Panny TV will be fine and its coming up to 3 years old now..... The Netflix support site says the Panny 4k HDR range are all still going to have access to the full HDR catalogue as now...... To be fair I usually plan on replacing the TV every 5 years or so anyway so not really a concern for myself.