Skoda Rapid 2015 Alternative Headlights

I'm picking up a 2015 Skoda Rapid this weekend 

Could somebody please link me to some alternative Halogen/LED headlights that they have fitted to their car

I'm coming from a BMW with LED headlights so am looking for something brighter than the stock on the skoda

Thanks

LHD cars could be ordered with Xenons but they cost £££££. I think they were an option in Ireland on RHD too.

The standard VW bulbs are longlife, quite yellow, and really weak.

Best bet is change to brighter bulbs.

There are old threads on the Rapid section here about brighter bulbs, OSRAM Nightbreakers etc.

Edited by camelspyyder

On 13/11/2019 at 19:44, camelspyyder said:

There are old threads on the Rapid section here about brighter bulbs, OSRAM Nightbreakers etc.

Did some searching, ordered a pair of Phillips X-treme vision +130% bulbs in the g-force version which might hopefully have longer life than regular upgraded bulbs from ECP... although that type in H7 seems to have disappeared from their website since last night, so god only knows if they'll actually turn up!

Sad at the apparent pay-off between brightness and life-span, but there you go.

My days of chucking Chinese HIDs in willy-nilly are gone (not least the probable canbus issues these days ;) ); the LED bulbs are similarly afflicted (legality/beam pattern/canbus) and also rather expensive....

In the meantime, my wife was mentioning the poor performance of her Citigo's dips while driving tonight, so that'll another pair of bulbs to buy soon!

On 13/11/2019 at 10:19, alextri said:

I'm picking up a 2015 Skoda Rapid this weekend 

Could somebody please link me to some alternative Halogen/LED headlights that they have fitted to their car

Pay the extra and get a 2 year younger facelift Rapid (2017>) with the factory fitted optional bi-xenon headlights...

image.png.5c17d248e23c726df755730c196e0626.png

RaS_00040-1440x960.jpg

They are rare though.

So it might be an option to buy the headlights as a retrofit. As they're under 2,000 lumens you don't need the headlight washers or self-levelling system either.

From Superskoda. These are the pre-FL versions too (incandescent DRL and indicators, rather than the LED DRL/indicator light tube on the facelift)...

image.png.0c7f998e3458f4f81dde2f0fa8267e7a.png

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/RAPID/Rapid-original-Skoda-Autoas-XENON-headlight-LEFT-RHD

Coming from a BMW with LED's you'll be bitterly disappointed with the standard halogen's, or even upgraded halogen bulbs.

Edited by silver1011
  • Love it! 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How did you get on with this. I would like to upgrade my headlights of my 2016 rapid spaceback to facelift ones with LED indicator and running light but unsure if they would just plug in and work or some other stuff needs to be done first. The cost is big so want to check if this works or not. 

Headlights with Xenon D5s are with normal bulbs for other purposes... not LED indicator... no LED DRL

I like my Xenon D5s... Lights output is much greater then normal halogen...

RHD headlights costs about 120 GBP each

Edited by 67igor1

On 19/09/2022 at 16:05, astromartian said:

How did you get on with this. I would like to upgrade my headlights of my 2016 rapid spaceback to facelift ones with LED indicator and running light but unsure if they would just plug in and work or some other stuff needs to be done first. The cost is big so want to check if this works or not. 

I am not but some guys from drive2 yes😂 

Drive2