Upper internal estate trim removal

Maybe not the most the most of clear titles.

I need too remove the plastic internal trim on the inside of the estate.  I've got the larger plastic section off (so that I could fit a reversing camera), but I've not yet figured how to remove the "n" shaped trim which goes around the glass edge.

Given the cooler temperatures I figure I should do this carefully, so as not to break anything.  I guess those who have fitted cameras and routed the cable with the flexi pipes into the car should know this....

Any hints?

At either side of the bottom of the screen, there is one round plastic fixing (haven't a clue what its technical name is 😁 ) and they are a pig to remove without damage. You'll probably need to replace these, can't imagine they'll be expensive.

After that, just unclip it and pull it straight off starting from the bottom and working up, ideally with a trim removal tool.

Edited by pist0nbr0ke

If this is the clip I am thinking of, you need to remove the central plastic pin first. Now the easiest was is just to push the pin in, but that mean you will probably have that piece of plastic rattling around your boot lid, as I found out. Replacement clips are cheap of ebay.

Haven't worked out the proper way of getting that central pin out without pushing in.

1 hour ago, mbames said:

I'll look out my sharpest drill bit! Had also wondered about a stud extraction tool as well, but I don't think they go small enough.

They work a bit like cavity wall fixings, the middle bit just pushes out, or if you can prise it out with something sharp. I "lost" one of the middle bits so replaced both with an M5(?) plastic bolt (screen screw for bike)

I drilled a 1/16 hole, and gently screwed in a small screw.  Gripped it with a pair of pliers and pulled it.  Success.  I then popped the main bit out and it vanished onto the garage floor.  Found it 5 minutes later under the car!

Now I just need to work out how to get the inner white plastic sections of the flexi-rubber cable hoses off...  I removed the rubber before and it look me ages to get that back on and that was with an extra pair of hands!

7 hours ago, mbames said:

I drilled a 1/16 hole, and gently screwed in a small screw.  Gripped it with a pair of pliers and pulled it.  Success.  I then popped the main bit out and it vanished onto the garage floor.  Found it 5 minutes later under the car!

Now I just need to work out how to get the inner white plastic sections of the flexi-rubber cable hoses off...  I removed the rubber before and it look me ages to get that back on and that was with an extra pair of hands!

Not much help to you now I suspect, but I found it much easier to just get a new rubber joint to go into the spare holes on the opposite corner of the boot lid. It was too tight to get the camera wiring loom through the existing rubber joint.

51 minutes ago, wg100 said:

Not much help to you now I suspect, but I found it much easier to just get a new rubber joint to go into the spare holes on the opposite corner of the boot lid. It was too tight to get the camera wiring loom through the existing rubber joint.

I was able to squeeze through a blackvue rear camera cable (with plug) and the reverse camera cable (sans plug).  Was awkward getting a square plug up through all the ribbed bit for sure.  Was starting to evaluate my life choices in cold!

Next step try and cable the along the roof lining.  Can you drop it at the grab handles?

Just now, mbames said:

I was able to squeeze through a blackvue rear camera cable (with plug) and the reverse camera cable (sans plug).  Was awkward getting a square plug up through all the ribbed bit for sure.  Was starting to evaluate my life choices in cold!

Next step try and cable the along the roof lining.  Can you drop it at the grab handles?

Be careful with that as there are curtain airbags in the roof. I elected to send the wiring down the D(?) pillar and down along the door sills.

D - is that right at the right at the back of the car?  I had wondered along running along under the door skills, but I wasn't sure how they came up....

Just now, mbames said:

D - is that right at the right at the back of the car?  I had wondered along running along under the door skills, but I wasn't sure how they came up....

Yes, that's the one I meant. The trim along the door comes up with a modicum of brute force. I highly recommend going onto https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do and spending €7 for an hours access. Download all the workshop manuals and you'll find info on removing interior trims, etc.

This guide is useful even though it's for a Superb: