Skoda yeti 2013 Bluetooth and new iphone

ramanda

Hello everyone, I'm new on here this is my first time posting please be kind.
I have had a skoda yeti TDI 2013 for a couple of year now and I absolutely love it, best car I've ever had. Anyway I recently got a new iPhone and the bluetooth connection between the phone and the car stopped working, the car still recognises there is some form of blue tooth there but won't connect, when I switch the blue tooth off on my phone the yeti is able to tell me the blue tooth has been disconnected. Its becoming a real pain without bluetooth connection now. I obliviously googled the problem which led me to the update portal. I was hopeful it said there are regular updates, but when I put the VIN in for my yeti is said there were none other than a radio station update.

Is anyone able to help

thanks Ramanda 

I’ve tried all the above suggestions and nothing. Works I’m supposing the IOS and Bluetooth on my iPhone XR does not

mirror with the amusden software. Suppose I’ll have to go to a dealer but not sure if it would be worth the outlay. Thanks everyone for being kind with a dumbo 🤩

9 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

I still suspect that your new phone is using a newer Bluetooth protocol than the car can support, and I doubt that a dealer can do anything about it.

Perhaps Ramanda should ask Macworld why they make this statement:

It’s backwards compatible
The good news is, Bluetooth 5 hardware is fully backward compatible with prior versions of Bluetooth. Your Bluetooth 5 phone will have no problem at all working with all the Bluetooth headphones, speakers, fitness trackers, automobiles, and everything else out there. 

https://www.macworld.com/article/3262664/bluetooth-5-faq-everything-you-need-to-know.html

Edited by muddyjim
text size