seat swap

halpo

thinking of swapping the seats in my 1u octavia for something else. I heard vw passat seats will fit and also vw golf. can anyone clarify this for me before i go buying a vw that i dont need. 

thanks

You’ll get the usual Golf, Leon, A3.. “golf gti seats are best” comments a plenty.

im wondering if the Passat seats will fit will that mean the superb seats will fit also?

Sorry, I’m piggy backing your request with my own ha!

1 hour ago, ElegantCharlie said:

You’ll get the usual Golf, Leon, A3.. “golf gti seats are best” comments a plenty.

im wondering if the Passat seats will fit will that mean the superb seats will fit also?

Sorry, I’m piggy backing your request with my own ha!

thank you. it can't hurt to have more feelers out for similar info. i thought about superb too. they have a nice interior that would look good in a mark 1 Octavia.

If you are handy with a mig/grinder ect. I suppose you can get anything to fit but easy straight swap is MK4 Platform cars (MK4 Golf, MK1 Leon, Audi A3 8L) you dont say what model you have got but if you've got airbags the airbag warning light will come on (MOT failure) if you dont use seats with airbags 3 door model seats fit but the back leaves a gap and you will have useless tilt handles on the front. Also remember that the door cards from all the above models DO NOT fit the Octavia so it will look a bit mix and match!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, halpo said:

I'm not quite sure the exact model that i have but it's a 2003 mark 1 petrol engine 1.4  16 valve

if you look at the front seats on the side of the backrests opposite the seat belts it will have badges that say "Airbag"

If you dont have these it wont matter as you can still replace them with seats with airbags, just not plug them in!!

• Like 1

just checked and i definitely don't have any stickers or labels like that on my seats or headrests. there are airbags in the car alright but i don't think there's any in the seats

17 minutes ago, ElegantCharlie said:

I realised today that I had airbags in my seats.

@halpo where did you hear Passat seats fit? They have to match the superb mk1 seats surely?! Ha

a friend of mine told me but i dont think he's too well up on the subject. he might have meant that they can be welded in or something.

1 hour ago, halpo said:

a friend of mine told me but i dont think he's too well up on the subject. he might have meant that they can be welded in or something.

It’s my understanding that the Octavia runs off the same system as the Audi A4.. Superb A6 so a no go 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, halpo said:

so is there a list of makes and model types that fit perfectly into the octavia mark 1?

I believe everything around the same era as the Golf mkIV, so A3, Leon, probably others too. The front seats all fit spot on, I believe it’s the rear benches that differ every so slightly.

• Like 1

Mk1 Octavia is the same platform as Mk4 golf, 8L A3, and Mk1 seat Leon. Superb is based on Passat, A4 chassis. Also you can fit seats with airbags into a car without airbags, you just don’t connect the yellow plug under the seat. If you do it the other way you have to fit resistors so that the module thinks there’s an airbag there.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the info. I'm a Skoda novice and find it all very interesting and useful. 

9 hours ago, Skoda_Driver1972 said:

Mk1 Octavia is the same platform as Mk4 golf, 8L A3, and Mk1 seat Leon. Superb is based on Passat, A4 chassis. Also you can fit seats with airbags into a car without airbags, you just don’t connect the yellow plug under the seat. If you do it the other way you have to fit resistors so that the module thinks there’s an airbag there.