Skoda karoq sportline 150 or 190 4x4 dsg

Evilturnip

Hi all,

Apologies if this is already on here somewhere but was curious to know what people think.

I have a choice of the 150 or 190 dsg . Is the 150 better for mpg in comparison to the 190 ? 

Is the 150 under powered due to the weight of the car ? 

Is 4x4 such a massive drain on power and mpg?

How comfy are they long term . Test drive is ok but what's it like living with it 

I only do short school and work runs ..so what does everyone get . If that's possible to ask. 

I would prefer the diesel but it's out of my price range .

Any tips or or advise would be ideal.

Thanks and apologies if this is somewhere on here 

Thanks

If you only do short trips why would you want a diesel?

Only had our 190 dsg for a couple of weeks, on a long run got just shy of 40mpg and short runs get low 30s. Engines only done 700 miles in that time mind. 

I suspect I wont be far off what I used to get from my Golf GTI which was low 40s on a run and low to mid 30s on short runs. No idea about the 150 but I suspect you'll get a little bit more than that due to lower weight of no Haldex etc. 

when you refer to a 150 or 190 - normally you are talking diesel.

But I think you are asking about 1.5 Petrol 150 and the 2.0 Petrol 190?

Why is the Diesel out of your price range?... but as above.. if your doing short journeys only then Petrol is better.

4x4 does take extra fuel .

Cant help on Petrol economy as I have diesel... but that's mid 30's on short work and mid 40's on longer runs.

Hi

Deposit for the diesel range is just out of my reach which is a shame . 

So it's 150 petrol or 190 4x4 petrol .

Where I live I can see 4x4 coming in handy in winter but other than that it will never get used .

So is the difference between 150 mpg and 190 4x4 all that different or is it next to nothing 

Thanks 

ET

1 hour ago, Evilturnip said:

Hi

Where I live I can see 4x4 coming in handy in winter but other than that it will never get used .

Thanks 

ET

Unless you are going to fit all season/ cross climate or winter tyres 4x4 won’t make much difference in winter.

The 190 also has the multi link rear suspension as opposed to the torsion beam. 

Over bumpy roads, certainly when cornering, my Karoq Sportline rides noticeably better than my Seat Leon, on smaller wheels with a torsion beam (I know, not a fully like for like comparison). 

You may or may not be sensitive to this...

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2019 at 08:29, Kenny R said:

Unless you are going to fit all season/ cross climate or winter tyres 4x4 won’t make much difference in winter.

Err.. yes it will but maybe not as huge although as a 2WD on winter tyres tyres factoring in the different 4WD modes of the 4x4 cars. Now put winters on a 4WD thats another story as you correctly state.

@Evilturnip

Have you driven any of them?  

There are so many variables in what you are asking it's a very hard question to answer. 

Personally I found the 1.5tsi to be a tad sluggish even when sampled in an octy and not in the much larger/heavier kodiaq, where as others find it to be fine (bear in mind many find the older 1.4tsi to be a lot sharper to drive than the newer 1.5). I chose the 2.0tsi 190 dsg for my Kodiaq is I found it to be a much stronger performer, also lovely and smooth with the dsg. As for fuel economy, everyones usage is different but I'm getting anywhere between 30/37mpg on my typical short journeys (frosty temps seem to make quite a difference compared to milder weather) with 40mpg possible on a long run, based on what I've read on other threads here a rough guide would be 10/15% better than that with a 1.5tsi and diesel kodiaqs not much better (my sister in laws mpg figures with her 1.5tsi octy would tend to support that assumption. 

And for 4x4, that really depends on your location and overall usage (ie steep snowy hills or lots of towing or lots of winter mileage in cold/wet/greasy conditions). Good all seasons on a 2wd kodiaq might be all you'll need. 

Another thing to consider, more power is very rarely regretted. 

Edited by Gmac983