Amundsen+ map updates

Franky89

Hi

I am wanting to update the maps on my Amundsen+ it currently has v4.

I have seen some on eBay that have the VW logo, if I use this one will it still have the Skoda navigation logo or will it show VW logo? 

I have seen the v9 and some say 2018 and others say 2019/2020, can you have different years but still the v9? 

Also is eBay the best option or is there somewhere you can pay for a direct download and then put it on a SD card? 

Thanks 

I have a 315 and v9 loaded, it works fine, I bought off ebay from a guy in Poland or Latvia, can't remember which, simple to install etc.

Avoid later versions, anecdotally they work fine in Europe, but not well in the uk, regularly freezing and rebooting. I don't think the glitch was ever rectified.

Maybe someone will be along to verify this!

good luck!

Edited by Frenchtone

Thanks Frenchtone

Yeah I heard something about the V10 and v11 not being to great.

Do you know if the VW ones will display the VW logo on start up or will it still show Skoda?

Thanks 

• 6 months later...

Hi

I got an update for my Amundsen+ from a Company called SatnavDisk and when I tried to install it it came up with "Internal Error" I eventually got a replacement and after loading for just over an hour it stopped and again said "Internal Error" the company is going to refund my money but I am not sure if the first attempt done something to my system as all existing maps were wiped clean.

I have also considered buying a Non Skoda Unit from Ebay but again not sure if these are any good or not

Has anyone any experience with this or suggestions

• 1 month later...

I have literally just done v12 on mine this weekend, it was a VW 315 version and worked fine. 2020 maps. Took 2 hours to do the install though 🙁

I now have V12 installed but after testing a few journeys I noticed on some Post Codes only part can be entered, also some street numbers are missing and even directions on one or two journeys so far the directions are way out.

Wonder if anyone else has experienced this

On 29/07/2020 at 09:34, BananaKev said:

I have literally just done v12 on mine this weekend, it was a VW 315 version and worked fine. 2020 maps. Took 2 hours to do the install though 🙁

Just curious as to how you are getting on with your V12 - My V12 is showing lots of missing information such as Towns like Brough in Cumbria, Street number in Western Avenue, Glasgow and Post Codes (Part and complete)

I travel around a lot so I use my Sat Nav quite a bit - I would interested to know if you are experiencing the same

7 hours ago, Eck45 said:

Just curious as to how you are getting on with your V12 - My V12 is showing lots of missing information such as Towns like Brough in Cumbria, Street number in Western Avenue, Glasgow and Post Codes (Part and complete)

I travel around a lot so I use my Sat Nav quite a bit - I would interested to know if you are experiencing the same

I don't think it has any problems.... But then I don't really use it too often. Only really when we are heading somewhere different. I always have the map view on though, and it's accurate, so far as I can tell lol

Thanks for your quick response but would you mind at some convenient time trying to see if you can input the following address :- 368 Great Western Road, Glasgow

It's an old address of a shop  in Great Western Road and was on my 2012 Sat Nav but is not recognised in my V12, so if your V12 lets you input it then I will know I have a fault 

Thank You