DQ200 DSG7 mechatronic tear down, repair and changes in body

2 minutes ago, Neogeo said:

Hi this was me. 

The symptoms: Gear indicator on my wife's Fabia vRS would start flashing after exactly 10 minutes it would still drive but I read it's time was coming...

The codes read Pump play protection. I cleared them away but they were straight back each time. I spoke to my mechanic friends, one said £1200+ VAT for a new mechatronic unit, or to try a company called ECU repair. the others were too scared to touch anything DSG but said I could use the ramp on new year's day (this Wednesday). 

I found this forum from the Fabia vRS page and took a gamble for £200. I got the repair kit the next day from Alesypalsy (sorry mate didn't catch your name). He also sent me a load of videos of him fitting it to a Golf. It looked pretty straight forward so I decided to get the car jacked up (with axle stands of course) and see how it looked. 

I decided not to wait and to started taking the necessary bits off to get access. The British weather, low light, tickets to the panto and a drinking session and associated hangover allowed me to drag the job out over 3 days. 

I did the while job without removing the mechatronic unit (just the cover) at one point I thought I might have to drain the coolant as the pipes made it a struggle to get the cover out as there is less room in the Fabia than in the Golf in his videos. 

Just put it back together yesterday afternoon and everything works. Took it for a drive for 40 minutes and everything is as it should be. And gave it a good thrashing last night as some young lad in a TDi Ibiza was trying his luck. 

I know it's very early but it seems to be fixed.

I'm not sure if it is a coincidence but going from park to reverse does not seem to 'clunk' anymore. 

I'll keep everyone updated good or bad...

Thank you very much for an honest, completely unbiased independent summary!

I am sure your car is now fixed!    

Appreciate you coming here and letting others know

Peace 

Thanks for all the advice. I am no mechanic, but I know my way around a tool kit. If only my tools would make it back to the tool box, I could have saved a few hours digging in the garage.  

Sceptical people might think we are the same person. Lol

I'm hoping that all the time I spent fixing her car will mean I can work on getting my Beetle sorted, without getting an earache...

Excellent!

Hopefully she will be very happy you didn't break the bank either sorting it and I am also not a mechanic as I hope I already stated!     Beetle hey ,, that could take quite some time to get sorted compared to the repair you just done ! 

Yeh I guess some sceptics reading this may well think we are the same person !  but can assure them we are defiantly not 

Thanks again for coming here and letting everyone know how it worked out for you,   

It will undoubtedly help others 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 03/12/2019 at 22:00, Plantman said:

A really fascinating video from this chap.  Interesting to see the changes in the body/housing showing where the weakness is next to the pressure accumulator which is a common area for leaks on the mechatronic unit.

Pretty cool to see the pressure pump and all the solenoids that make this thing work to change the gears! 

Can you please help me with some information ? I have problems with my Mechatronik/ gearbox and I need some advice in my mother language. Thanks