Virtual cockpit Sat Nav Problem

Did a quick search but couldn't find anything. 

Got my new facelift model Superb in mid Oct and it has the Columbus sat nav with the 9.2" touchscreen. Everything was great until a week ago when the sat nav map stopped displaying on the virtual cockpit. All of the other VC functions are working fine as is the sat nav on the main screen entertainment system screen. The VC screen were the sat nav should appear is just black but when I enter a destination on the main screen the distance/travel time gets displayed on the screen but not the map. The fault has been intermittent throughout the week, about 50:50 working/not working. 

Took the car to my main dealer on Monday. They said that they'd not seen the problem before. I'm collecting it tomorrow but it's not fixed yet. Apparently Skoda are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. I thought the VC has been in the Audi's for ages so I'd have thought it had been well debugged by now. 

Anyone else had this issue?

• 9 months later...

I got my 2020 model Superb 190 TSI L&K in January  (pre-reg Dec 19) and has had the same issue on several occasions. It happens when I stop the car when a sat nav destination programmed in. When I restart to continue my journey the sat nav fails to display on the VC. It doesn't do it every time, and everything else on the VC and the main screen is fine. and working.

Not too much of an inconvenience so will get it checked out at its first service, which will be in December.

I have the exact same issue on my MY20 superb III. As you say, it's not a major issue, but the VC was a big selling point for me, so it needs to work as intended to justify the price in my opinion. 

I've flagged it to the garage and have it booked in with the main dealer for tomorrow morning to look into this for me. 

It is also intermittent for me too, so I've taken a video of me starting the car to show what happens. Hopefully it won't go back to normal tomorrow as it will be a pain if I need to show the video.

I will let you know what they say 🤞

Quick update....

The garage have scanned the car and can't find any faults, although they admitted that it was an issue as they saw it first hand. 

They have reset the system and apparently it has rectified the issue. Time will tell. Picking the car up tomorrow, so hopefully it has worked! 

• 2 months later...

This just started happening to me. Car was new in Sep ‘19, new to me in Aug ‘20. It’s going back to the dealer this week for another unrelated issue, so I’ll get them to check into it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

have had this a couple of times and it looks to be when the unit is doing an auto update of its software but has not finished when you turn the car off. The way I got it to happen less was to pair the car to my home wifi which is much faster than the eSIM so it updates quick and easy when it gets home. This may be why when the dealer did a reset it all started to work again. Noticed if you do a scan when it is in this position it shows a software mismatch the same as I use to get when updating the software on my older Skodas before you change the hex value.

John

• 10 months later...

I encountered the same issue for the first time yesterday on my Superb iv 2020 Columbus system. I assumed it was connected with trying to use Android Auto (which also did not work on the phone or main screen  at  the same time) and encountering some sort of car - phone  communication glitch. It did self correct  later during the day. A real nuisance!

• 3 weeks later...

Further to my posting on this issue -  I suggested that the fault might be connected to Android Auto being in use. Since the fault has reoccurred  I think that this is now unlikely.  In my case the fault has not self corrected so I have to book it into the garage. Has anybody had a successful resolution to this problem?

I’ve had this a couple of times an ignition re set sorts it 

I can’t be bothered booking it in to the dealer as I now it will be a case of NFF sir only thing it could be is a C A N error but finding it will need mystic Meg 

21 hours ago, CJS2 said:

Thanks for this information.  Can you explain exactly what an ignition reset is? Is it the system reset? 

Simply turning the ignition off then on 

Thanks for replying. I solved the problem by doing a restart using instructions from YouTube.  I wonder why we have to suffer the 'explosion' from the left hand speaker? It worked  so I am happy until the next time. I did book the car in to the dealership (before the fix) but I  will only leave it if they can convince me that there is a permanent fix to this well known problem.