Back in a Skoda

Hello. Been a long time since I have been on here as I had an affair with Ford for a few years. However nice Ford is I still cant beat that feeling of getting back into a Skoda.

I lost a bit of love for Skoda as I purchased a mk2 VRS Estate that was riddled with faults. So got rid of that and went back to Ford until Tuesday when I picked the Octy up. I saw the car on Arnold Clark in Hexham  so travelled 140 miles from here in Lancashire to take a look and drove away the same day. I traded in my Ford Kuga which I loved driving and owning but I needed a bigger boot with my 10 month old daughter and the kit you carry with you.

The Octavia is a mk3 VRS Tdi DSG hatch in the best colour....blue. I went for it as is in good condition apart from a small scratch on the boot and a stone chip on the bonnet. It was also well specified with the winter pack, black pack, anti collision and lane guidance. Rear parking camera, extra noise insulation, canton sound system, colour maxi dot, 19 inch extremes and a few other things. It doesn't have sat nav but then i use my tom tom and have never used any in built sat nav on any of the cars i have owned. 

The build quality is much better than the mk2 and i am enjoying my first dsg car. I was surprised how quick the diesel is and is easily as quick as my old mk2 tfsi when it was standard. All in all it is fantastic car and I am very pleased to be back in an Octy

Edited by Ecomatt
  • Like 1

I thought that all vRSs came with the Sat Nav - does it not have the Nav button top right on the screen?

Could just be that the Sat nav SD is missing which can be picked up Second Hand online.

Welcome back to the Skoda fold again BTW 😊

Edited by Gti Jazz Blue
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, burno20v said:

Mines a 14 plate & defo ain't got sat nav...not sure when or if it came as standard.

It became standard in 2016, my 65plate purchased in Oct 2015 didn't have it, we got it thrown in for "free" by the dealer... A few months later the price of the VRS went up and sat nav became standard. 

Edited by courty

I have decided with this car it is not getting modified like my mk2 was. I cant see the point anymore as it is awesome as standard. I might opt for a bluefin for a bit more power but in VRS mode it is quick anyway, so not sure I would feel the extra benefit.  Although I might treat myself to new mats for the car but thats about it. How I have changed 🤣

On 10/12/2019 at 03:23, skd12 said:

Hey Matt, that was my car!

It's got Android Auto and Apple car play for maps. It also has rear passenger side airbags, and crew protect assist on top of the spec you've mentioned.

I had a great time driving it and I hope you do too!

Edit: if you're using isofix for the car seat, those little plastic bits that cover the metal clips fit into the drawer cubby thing under the rear air vents.

I've put my Isofix covers in with the spare wheel well. Hopefully I’ll remember when I hand the car back.