Fabia VRS Mk1 - replacement headlight units

ManThatCan

Hello

Love my 2006 Fabia Mk1 VRS in black.  At last MOT I was advised both headlight units would need to be replaced, due to the internal structure of the reflector being "borderline" to be able to perform the test.

I've looked without success for after-market units.  Ebay seems to be awash with units but they're for L/H cars.

The Audi / VW offical parts are £150 each.  Anyone advise on an aftermarket product a bit cheaper please ?

Thanks, David

Edited by ManThatCan

Thanks

Lee - Have you fitted these ?  I found the Euro Car Parts advert and messaged them with my reg number and they said they weren't compatible ?  I wasn't sure if they meant the self leveling motors which i dont use and dont really need

Regards David

3 hours ago, ManThatCan said:

Thanks

Lee - Have you fitted these ?  I found the Euro Car Parts advert and messaged them with my reg number and they said they weren't compatible ?  I wasn't sure if they meant the self leveling motors which i dont use and dont really need

Regards David

The levelling motors have to be swapped to the new lights (easy).

Not sure why they would say they are not comaptible because halogen headlamps on MK1 Fabias are all the same as far as I know.

I didn't get my lights from ECP, I got a pair of Depo ones off ebay but it was ages ago now. I also put Osram Night Breaker bulbs in them and it made quite a difference. Still very happy with them.

index.jpg

Edited by TMB