Squeking sounds when driving over uneven terrain or bumps

I have a 2014 Škoda Rapid with about 40000km on it. This morning it started squeaking every time I go over an uneven terrain or any kind of bumps. It doesn't make any noise when it's stationary or when turning. Squeaking sounds like you're trying to cut that white styrofoam with a knife or when you try jumping on an old bed or maybe plastic or styrofoam rubbing against the metal. It's coming from under the hood or somewhere behind the front dash area. I tried pushing on the suspension but there was no noise. Day before I traveled 100km with it and had no issues. How can this happen all of the sudden? Or, what is it?

Skoda have struggled with suspension bushes for years, and it doesn't look like they're getting a grip of the issue either.

My 2016 Skoda Octavia suffered, as does my 2018 Skoda Kodiaq. There are plenty of complaints over on the Superb forum too.

The noisy wipers might be worn blades. Trying giving the glass a good clean and renewing the wiper blades with good quality replacements (Bosch).

On 13/12/2019 at 13:16, argooo1 said:

I have a 2014 Škoda Rapid with about 40000km on it. This morning it started squeaking every time I go over an uneven terrain or any kind of bumps. It doesn't make any noise when it's stationary or when turning. Squeaking sounds like you're trying to cut that white styrofoam with a knife or when you try jumping on an old bed or maybe plastic or styrofoam rubbing against the metal. It's coming from under the hood or somewhere behind the front dash area. I tried pushing on the suspension but there was no noise. Day before I traveled 100km with it and had no issues. How can this happen all of the sudden? Or, what is it?

I had exactly the same problem and was more noticeable going over speed bumps. Turned out to be a hairline crack in one of the front coil springs & you would never have noticed it as no uneven wear on the tyres or the wing dropping down & no noise pushing down on the car.

I would jack the car up from the side the noise is coming from and get someone to wriggle the steering from side to side while you listen and have a look under the wheel arch to try and rule out problems with springs, cv joints etc.

• 1 month later...

1.loose gearbox mounts

2.shock absorber boots

3.anti rollbar suspension links

4.shocks

5.bushions

6.rubbers seals and polystyerene wedged in front bumper

Other people have said this has solved the squeaking so there getting the car and that list in the morning to check out and if its still squeaking then im throwing the keys back at them and cancelling the finance I genuinely feel your pain,im having the same issue going over every speed ramp the last 2-3 weeks,first left hand side squeaking,brought it back,they said they tightened and greased everything a driving home it was fine,very next morning the right hand side started,brought it back again last monday,they said they done the same,driving home it was perfect,very next morning the same again but this time it was front left and right

Rang them this morning....there reply was.....the car is fine,the car is roadworthy,there is actually nothing wrong with the car

So i said theres no ****ing way that its normal and no way people should have to listen to that noise as been normal,still waiting on a response and feel like there just fobbing me off

So the morning is goin to be fun when i arrive at the garage and i would suggest anyone else with this problem do the same

I only have the car not even 5 weeks and no way i am i listening to that noise the next 5-10 years

Hope this helps