Light on backlight of cluster on table

skolaeast

OK... now I have important pins for run BSG... it is XP2/1 +, XS4/12 + and XP4/2. For communation whith cluster I used CAN-BUS communication Motor (2 pins), Comfort (2 pins)  and Wake UP pin (BTW, I am not sure if I really know what does it mean). It is the minimal, what I need to run BSG. (at the last time I had connected many Plusis to BSG... Everything what was Input from fuse or everything what was POSITIVE from terminal 30. for eaxmple "back window heating etc." Now I connected only important 3 pins. Terminal 15,30,31 and communication is still OK and I have on clusters error of power steering and airbag.)When I connect VAG COM cable to K - line, i Can make a "Output Tests". With this function I can light on it... So... i have a China module step down and up and I tried to simulate continual voltage UP from 0V to 12V to pin XS1/2 and nothing happened. I have common Ground and +12V from my Power Supply and the output + to XS1/2 and so nothing... absolutely nothing... Please 🙂 help me to solve this simply thing... 

Edited by skolaeast
adding information

You've done everything I would do, so I don't know how to help any more. There is a man who might be able to help you, but I haven't seen him on here for some time: @hutchysrs50.

Oh, just one suggestion, I think there's a connection to J519- t18a/2 that is something like 'key in ignition, 86s'. Maybe look to see whether that needs to be connected and taken high or low?

Edited by Wino

14 minutes ago, Wino said:

You've done everything I would do, so I don't know how to help any more. There is a man who might be able to help you, but I haven't seen him on here for some time: @hutchysrs50.

I’m still around :)

Well remembered though! 
With your help I did manage to get everything working on the bench but took a little while to work out, I’d have got have a long think how it worked in the end.  Hope your still well though!

5 hours ago, Wino said:

Oh, just one suggestion, I think there's a connection to J519- t18a/2 that is something like 'key in ignition, 86s'. Maybe look to see whether that needs to be connected and taken high or low?

But backlight of clusters works at everytime, when is switch of lights in any position without 0. You doesn't have a key in ignition... I'm really over, only knows, what type of signal sent to XS1 T6c/2... 😞. Maybe next question... if diagnostic test can light on backlight of clusters -> If I buy Arduino -> CAN BUS module, can I send some command via Arduino to CAN communication (like a "Output test" in VCDS app)?

5 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

I’m still around :)

Well remembered though! 
With your help I did manage to get everything working on the bench but took a little while to work out, I’d have got have a long think how it worked in the end.  Hope your still well though!

Please, if you know how to connect it, help me... I've been trying to do it for the second month and still nothing. I tried almost everything and I am not sure if is still BSG OK :-D. 

22 hours ago, TMB said:

What was the original problem, did the backlighting just stop working when the cluster was in the car?

No, from begin it was a project for clusters on table and communication with car games... Everything works, but only this not. In car the backlight works. 

4 hours ago, skolaeast said:

No, from begin it was a project for clusters on table and communication with car games... Everything works, but only this not. In car the backlight works. 

I see 🙂

It seems likely that there is more to the illumination regulator/headlamp range adjuster than just a potentiometer or two.

I think I can see a row of IC pins in the back of this image?

So possibly a LIN bus link to J519 or something?

Screenshot 2020-01-06 13.36.25.png

Edited by Wino

Yes. I should have looked at the E102 range adjuster potentiometer for comparison, which does look like a simple variable voltage ouput, I would then have realised that the transistor symbol was a big clue that it was more complicated for the illumination control (not sure why it needs to be though!).

Now I bought a light switch... I connect a few pins what I thing I need... Backlight of switch is working perfect... On Zero position, on next positions and intesity of backlight is working too... But clusters nothing... I have connected light switch with that pin on BSG and nothing... 😞 So, what I need else? 

IMG_20200108_223912.jpg

IMG_20200108_223833.jpg

Hey guys 🙂. It works!!! 🙂. The problem was in the black connector on clusters. I had connected only Terminal 15 and 30 as +12V and 31 as GND, but its need to connect PINs 4 and 6 as parking lights left and right on +12V too. Light switch and potenciometer is not needed (you can input only +12V on BSG pin XS1/2). Thank you so much for your help. 

Summary

Clusters black connector -

• Pin 5 +12V Terminal 15
  • Pin 7 +12V Terminal 30
  • Pin 8 GND Terminal 31
  • Pin 4 +12V (right parking lights) (if you have a light switch -> connect to Pin 58(b) of light switch)
  • Pin 6 +12V (leftparking lights) (if you have a light switch -> connect to Pin 58(b) of light switch)

Clusters green connector -

• Pin 7 -> XS6/3 CAN L motor
  • Pin 8 -> XS6/5 CAN H motor
  • Pin 9 -> XS2/12 CAN H comfort
  • Pin 10 -> XS2/9 CAN L comfort
  • Pin 24 -> XS6/11 Wake UP

BSG -

• XS4/12 +12V Terminal 15
  • XS4/8 GND Terminal 31
  • XP2/1 +12V Terminal 30
  • XP4/2 GND Terminal 31
  • XS1/2 +12V backlight of clusters (or connect to 58b from light switch and light adjuster)

ok1.jpg

ok2.jpg

Edited by skolaeast
  • Like 1