Rear Brake Won't Rewind

Nosnx

^^^ could be the cause as the car is reasonably old.........but garages use this technique all the time I believe.

I clamped mine, but used a G clamp, without issues.

Hose damage would depend on the particular hose, what tool was used and how tightly it was clamped, it doesn't need much.

In any case I've yet to see one internally damaged even after a mechanic condemned one and I sliced it length-ways autopsy-like to see for myself, it was perfectly serviceable!

How much is the disk binding? It's quite usual for a bit of rub especially if you are turning it by hand after applying and releasing the brake. It's not like drum brakes where the springs pull the shoes away. Usually the small amount of run-out on the disk makes the pads move away enough not to have an effect.

Have you driven it and has the brake/wheel got hot due to binding?

@Golf-Fiend  The wheel never got hot from the beginning and I guest a lot of people would let it as it was, I would say in compare with left side, the wheel was sticking by 25% more than other side. 

But I like to have a car spot on, wanted to sort and ended with totally blocked wheel unable to rotate manually in compare with other side 😀. I believe it will be mix of bended pins and blocked flex pipe after clamping, so both ordered and on the way.

I’m praying it’s not anything worse. 😃

Anyway, have noticed one thing, the piston rewinding is not that easy on both old/new caliper, it’s like it has to go over some restrictions, so it might be some blockage in the flex hose...

thanks for all ideas and hints, helping a lot 👍

• Like 1

Chances are the piston is contaminated, despite being coated with PTFE or similar.  The rubber seal can degrade leaving rings around the piston which impedes smooth operation.  Also reassembling with excess brake fluid which is hygroscopic can cause corrosion build up inside the dust seal.

There are so many posts like this where calipers get junked for new when all they need is a complete disassembly, clean and rebuild, usually at no cost.

Happy days, a couple of brand new pins has sorted my problem out. 💪

so if anyone want a brand new caliper painted in red, let me know 😃

Thanks again to all

On 31/03/2020 at 18:55, Taximan1978 said:

Any idea what bent the pins 

I think the way I was rewinding old piston in the beginning.                      

Because I wasn’t able to rewind it with caliper in one hand and tool in second hand due to the piston stiffness, I fitted caliper to the top pin to get it half fitted and use 3/8 ratchet on rewinding tool to make it work.