Rear screen washer - no water supply

I'm not getting any water to the rear screen wash. The jets are clear and the front screen and headlamp wash is fine. When operating the wash lever on the steering column I can hear a pump noise but no water gets to the rear. Can't see any obvious leaks. I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Shenendor

Are you sure the jets are clear - they seem a poor design to me. Last year I sourced a 2016 1.2tsi for my son and missed the fact that the rear wash wasn't working - had to poke very deep into the two jets to clear them and a bit of rusty brown "goo" came out to start with when I operated the rear wash wipe. Clearly there is something down there that can rust! They worked well after that though.

If that isn't the case look out for any signs of leaking washer fluid either in hatch, boot or front footwell. Pipes have been know to detach especially if the fluid has managed to freeze solid. Saying that I'm not sure it's been THAT cold this winter yet.

Skoda haven't learnt from the many, many failures of the rear wash system on the MkII Octavia.

If it isn't the obvious (blocked rear washer jet / nozzle), then chances are you're filling the interior of the car up somewhere with washer fluid.

On the MkII it was usually behind the boot side carpets, frying several electronic control modules and finally ending up in the spare wheel well.

Thanks for that. I've tried the run the water with the jets removed and nothing happens so either there's a blockage or a pipe off but I've foung nothing obvious so far. The jets did seem clear when I had them off

Then be very careful, if water is making it to the front screen, then when you're operating the rear wash/wipe you're filling up the interior of the car with washer fluid somewhere.

Check the headlining for dark patches.

Check the boot carpets (mainly the passenger side) up the sides and around the interior lights.

Check the C pillar around the rear seat belt anchor points.

Check the passenger side footwells, front and rear, remove the mats and press down on the carpets and check for moisture.

Check the plastic sills, if the supply pipe has popped a joint as it runs above the doors it'll run down the A or B pillar and exit where the carpet tucks under the plastic sills. 

Check the spare wheel, be sure to remove the spare wheel (if fitted) and the polystyrene dish, and the boot floor, lifting up as many of the wooden panels and carpet as possible.

From Citigo:

An old favourite when the pipe freezes.

It 'pops' the connector and leaks until it's reconnected.

Sorry, no knowledge of Citigo - but seems to be a Skoda 'trademark' bit like next door's tom cat "

I am also suffering this problem, had a poke in the jets and helped slightly b stopping again. Now worried and will check all of the above ;<(

On the mk 2, the washer fluid went through the wiper motor and eventually seals gave up, the motor got wet, the motor conked out and rusty water /poor flow happened.

As well as that, the above mentioned pipe is one option.

worth a try popping the jet out and sitting it in white vinegar overnight once you’ve got flow without the jousts in.

MK3 will have the nozzle on the top of the rear screen. It will not go through wiper motor. Either nozzle is clogged or pipe is broken. I had the latter and it ****ed washer fluid on to the tow bar module and wiring. Not nice at all.

16 minutes ago, TonisT said:

MK3 will have the nozzle on the top of the rear screen. It will not go through wiper motor. Either nozzle is clogged or pipe is broken. I had the latter and it ****ed washer fluid on to the tow bar module and wiring. Not nice at all.

On the Mk3 hatch, it does go through the wiper pivert point. 

I've lost rear wiper fluid for over a year now, never used it since notice it's not working. The hatch doesn't seem to need it. But I'm monitoring this thread for possible lines of investigation when I get time and bother to look at it. 

Oh, I have an estate and I just assumed that all mk3-s have it the same way. What did they say about assumptions, that it was the mother of all... ?

Anyhow, in my case the tube was broken and it ****ed it all over the electronics

Edited by TonisT