New car TSI rattle

Linko

@spydas

If it is an annoying noise and one that a car should have, especially a new car best get back to the Dealership and have them find the rattle.

Is the noise from the engine compartment / front of the car?

Have you checked the tyre pressures the car came with, reset and reset the TPMS.

Also checked the Oil & Coolant levels when cold so you can compare in the future.  Be sure the Oil level at operating temp is as it should be and the level is not low.

There is 'Driving in information / running in' in the Owners Manual. 

Where are you in the world and what have you got in the way of a gearbox.

EDIT.

I see you have started a thread.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/497093-15tsi-cold-start-engine-knocking-noise

Edited by e-Roottoot

8 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

@spydas

If it is an annoying noise and one that a car should have, especially a new car best get back to the Dealership and have them find the rattle.

Is the noise from the engine compartment / front of the car?

Have you checked the tyre pressures the car came with, reset and reset the TPMS.

Also checked the Oil & Coolant levels when cold so you can compare in the future.  Be sure the Oil level at operating temp is as it should be and the level is not low.

There is 'Driving in information / running in' in the Owners Manual. 

Where are you in the world and what have you got in the way of a gearbox.

EDIT.

I see you have started a thread.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/497093-15tsi-cold-start-engine-knocking-noise

Yes, just wanted to know if author found a solution. I created my

own thread with a video, where noise can be observed. Thank you.

Im located in Lithuania. Gearbox: 7DSG

• Thanks 1

It is normal for the high pressure tsi injection to "tick away" somewhat.

On my Superb 1.4tsi I only hear with the bonnet up, I don't hear inside the car with the bonnet down and the doors shut.  Does the Karoq petrol still have the under bonnet sound  insulation?

• 4 weeks later...

My Karoq 1.5 SEL is now almost three years old. No issues at all until a rattling sound appeared in the drivers door area. After  weeks of trying to identify the issue I booked it in for examination and was told if it was found not to be a quality issue I would be charged £90. The day after I booked it in I found the issue….it was the rear electric window isolation switch on the drivers door switchbank. I took the car in, explained to the service staff and the switch was replaced under warranty.

The day after I then got an annoying sound which seems to be something sliding backwards on acceleration and forwards on braking. May be a foreign object that has found its way into the aircon ventpipe that runs under the front the seats. Ive tried everything including attaching a vacuum cleaner to the floor vents but its still there and its driving me nuts.

Not an issue on a long journey (Just got back from a 3500mile road trip to Spain) but a real pain around town.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:18 PM, Breezy said:

it was the rear electric window isolation switch on the drivers door switchbank. I took the car in, explained to the service staff and the switch was replaced under warranty.

Maybe i Have same noise, any idea how can i check it?

On 10/5/2021 at 7:18 PM, Breezy said:

Ive tried everything including attaching a vacuum cleaner to the floor vents but its still there and its driving me nuts.

Try with a big magnet!

I just applied light pressure to the switch surface while driving over bumps and noticed the rattling had gone so I then put a piece of sellotape over that switch and all was good until it was replaced.

• 5 months later...