Amundsen MIB2 - 6.5" vs 8" screen - differences?

Hi,

I have a pre facelift vRS with a MIB2 Amundsen unit and 6.5" screen. I'm debating getting the 8" glass one (5E0919605M) to use with it, noting that the App button won't do anything.

Aside from the larger screen and glass finish, are there any other benefits to using the 8" one? Is it a higher resolution for example? Also, there seems to be quite a high number of these screens with single rows of dead pixels. Does anyone have one in that condition? Is it noticeable?

I have an 8" screen, not sure on the model number though. 

But yeah I had a vertical line of dead pixels which I have just gotten replaced by a dealer under warranty. 

I only noticed it when I was using the Skoda sat nav in daytime mode. In the other menus etc, the colours are darker and the line is less obvious.

IMG_20191228_111429.jpg

Thanks, that would be good. I find the problem worst when using Waze on Android Auto, via my Galaxy S10. Waze seems to fade / fog out the roads further away in the distance, but the foreground street names etc look blurry. Does anyone else have a similar issue?

I haven't tried with Google Maps / Spotify etc to see if they are the same, but will do so.

• 1 year later...
On 08/01/2020 at 13:27, SashaGrace said:

The dead pixels are very noticeable but the glass screens so seem to be brighter and sharper even though they run the same resolution as the older screens.

Is it just a matter of swapping screens from the 6.5 inch to 8 inch anything else i need to do eg coding or wiring. many thanks alex