Engine overheating warning?

57 minutes ago, DCam said:

Hi there. He did, the problem was a couple of wires were too close to the engine manifold and this was causing false signals been sent to the ecu. Hope this helps 

Thanks for getting back to me. I found a car sparky who seems to have a good reputation and charges 40 an hour no vat. All other places my way are 75+vat per hour. Enough to make your eyes water. 

There's got to be something going on so will get him in and post here after.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 09/06/2022 at 01:06, DCam said:

Hi there. He did, the problem was a couple of wires were too close to the engine manifold and this was causing false signals been sent to the ecu. Hope this helps 

Hi Dcam, Hope your concern is resolved. Can you exactly mention where the wires are??? Me too got the exact complaint as yours.

Hi, it was an auto eletrician who found them bud. He said that he tied them back from touching the manifold. Does the light come on even when the engine is cold?

18 minutes ago, DCam said:

Hi, it was an auto eletrician who found them bud. He said that he tied them back from touching the manifold. Does the light come on even when the engine is cold?

Yep it is there even when the engine is cold. And just for 1 sec it is showing "Engine Overheating Stop vehicle see owner manual". Don't know how often it is occurring...Thanks for the reply...

Defo an electrical fault bud. If you were in Glasgow I could recommend a top guy. I asked for recommendations and most garages recommended him. Anyway good luck