Skoda Fabia MK2 2011 Good Deal ?

wicm

Hey All,

Just want to see if you lovely people would be able to give me some advice, I have an opportunity to buy a MK2 Fabia VRS 2011 / 59K miles on the clock, some service history, REVO stage 2 map, miltek exhaust

Is £3500 a good price for one ? Or what would you say is a realistic price for a VRS ?

Thanks in advance

Best read up on them and be familiar with the cars.  It could be wonderful, but a word of warning. REVO stage 1 was a terrible remap and never heard of anyone running a REVO stage 2 on a CAVE engine.   I have known people with a new engine run Stage 2 APR.   Put up the registration number and colour of the car. 

Yeah I have been looking out for one for a little while, I have been trying to do my research on the CAVE engines and I know all about the oil drinking issues etc etc, REVO do sell a stage two map for them according to their website but what is wrong with the Stage 1 map out of curiosity ? 

Yeah it is WG11 OZU & Green

APR STAGE 1 or 2 were not engine killers, REVO, s was and is just not fit for purpose and was the demise of CAVE engines.  So just buyer beware.  Pinned thread at top of the page has links to Luciffers Ultimate guides part 1 and 2.    PS I just said I had never heard of anyone running REVO Stage 1,  I know they offered it, but I would expect anyone running stage 1 would know it was crap and then not go to get stage 2

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

BecayAPR STAGE 1 or 2 were not engine killers, REVO, s was and is just not fit for purpose and was the demise of CAVE engines.  So just buyer beware.  Pinned thread at top of the page has links to Luciffers Ultimate guides part 1 and 2.     Edit, there remap was too aggressive. Simples really. 

1 minute ago, KenONeill said:

@wicm - I should have said this before, but get the reg back down, which may need a moderator's assistance. Putting someone else's registration up is at least technically a breach of the General Data Protection Regulation.

True, apologies, never thought of that,

@Moderators can you please remove from the reg from the posts above, thanks

1 minute ago, wicm said:

True, apologies, never thought of that,

@Moderators can you please remove from the reg from the posts above, thanks

Accepted. I should have said sooner because knowing this stuff is part of my job!

An early Revo Stage 2 for a member from here.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/234647-revo-stage-2

It did not end well, but posts no longer exist.

Stupid me.

I know the car you are asking about. I knew the 1st owner, and the second Andy. He was at Santa Pod in the same hotel with me.  I forgot it was stage 2 , then the next owner sold it on here last year. It was a beaut.  Bargain.  Green, white roof, white alloys, went like stink.   There are pictures of it on here from me and the 3rd owner.   There be the car next to mine. 

1582752799_Blackpool..SantaPod..BordersScotland036.JPG.1313d0d267c03780bfe671e2b11b22ee.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Stupid me. I know the car. I knew the 1st owner, and the second Andy. He was at Santa Pod in the same hotel with me.  I forgot it was stage 2 , then the next owner sold it on here last year. It was a beaut.  Bargain.  Green, white roof, white alloys, went like stink.   There are pictures of it on here from me and the 3rd owner. And on Google images.     See thread I bumped.  Best splitter?   There be the car next to mine. 

Potential hijack here but would it have upgraded clutch packs for stage 2? 

55 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Stupid me. I know the car. I knew the 1st owner, and the second Andy. He was at Santa Pod in the same hotel with me.  I forgot it was stage 2 , then the next owner sold it on here last year. It was a beaut.  Bargain.  Green, white roof, white alloys, went like stink.   There are pictures of it on here from me and the 3rd owner. And on Google images.     See thread I bumped.  Best splitter?   There be the car next to mine. 

Did any of these owners have issues with the engine killing tune ? haha Also do we know the user on here, maybe I can ask him if he sold it to a guy in Warrington...

The owner before Andy contacted me about oil use. I gave my advice and I thought he got a APR remap. Andy told me it was a REVO so I just believed that, he had no issues and neither did the next owner. He also said it was a REVO stage 2.  There are several threads on here about wheels and stuff, and spark plugs. It was trouble free when up for sale here.  I am on a phone and can't check more.  I will tell you members name tomorrow unless someone puts it up. He needed a bigger car. For sale post now deleted I think. 

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/01/2020 at 14:13, KenONeill said:

@wicm - I should have said this before, but get the reg back down, which may need a moderator's assistance. Putting someone else's registration up is at least technically a breach of the General Data Protection Regulation.

Bollocjs, it's public domain information which is why it's on a fluorescent plate at the front and back of the car which can be read from a considerable distance!

• Haha 2