Octavia VRS 245 GPF/OPF?

4 minutes ago, Chris245 said:

Thanks mate.

Skoda will tell you 5-w30 for pre 245 but the 245 should be 0-w20 (did my oil change the other week).

Nope, no pops and bangs.

I use Mobil 1 ESP on both our 1.5TSI Karoq and my Golf R engined Superb 272 which has the all important VW504/507 compatible bit on the label. Much cheapness from Halfords compared to the stuff stealers peddle.:thumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

I use Mobil 1 ESP on both our 1.5TSI Karoq and my Golf R engined Superb 272 which has the all important VW504/507 compatible bit on the label. Much cheapness from Halfords compared to the stuff stealers peddle.:thumbup:

I've put Mobile 1 ESP 504/507 in my too. It wasn't due it's first service until 20K, but I got it changed after 1200 miles. And I'll change it every 5-6K after that.

You'll get Mobil 1, or any other oil for that matter, cheaper if you go to Opie Oil online.

How are you liking the Superb? 

Better than the 245?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chris245 said:

Apparently so and there is many a YouTube video showing the elbow can be 5-10 on its own.

Ramair intake and elbow kit was about £250

Stage 1 map around £500

Scorpion cat back, £650

Scorpion down pipe £700 fitted

Wagner intercooler £750 fitted

Stage 2 map update £125

Exhaust cat back no droning at all, you get a little with the downpipe but nothing some sound deadening won’t sort.

Running around 330-335bhp and 380-390 lb/ft.

Engine oil is a 0-w20 as per Skoda recommendation.

Depends on budget, but intake, elbow and map will see you around 300-310, cat back just sounds nice and adds nothing power wise, but you could do downpipe and std cat back and that will see some gains and will make the std exhaust sound nicer as well. 

I'm surprised the exhaust doesn't add any power. That tells me the standard exhaust must be quite unrestrictive.

3 minutes ago, SmokinJoeFrazier said:

I've put Mobile 1 ESP 504/507 in my too. It wasn't due it's first service until 20K, but I got it changed after 1200 miles. And I'll change it every 5-6K after that.

You'll get Mobil 1, or any other oil for that matter, cheaper if you go to Opie Oil online.

How are you liking the Superb? 

Better than the 245?

Yeah it's way better in every way. I would advise anyone who is thinking of buying a nearly new 245 to try a 272 which can be bought for very similar money and despite the Superb weighing 1,627kg (according to the V5C just received) it doesn't feel any bigger or heavier on the road and whereas my 336bhp Octavia you had to feed the power in gradually because of the torque steer and front wheel drive the Superb simply puts all the power down cleanly all the time. Same road tax £145 per year, similar insurance cost and only about 3mpg difference for the larger, heavier car (Superb so far 37mpg, Octavia averaged 40mpg). When it gets the stage 1 remap in a couple of weeks time it will be capable of 0-50mph in 3.2seconds which is nuts for something that looks so grown up and sensible.:tongueout:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SmokinJoeFrazier said:

I'm surprised the exhaust doesn't add any power. That tells me the standard exhaust must be quite unrestrictive.

With just a stage 1 remap my completely standard 245 made 302bhp and 467nm of torque (345lb/ft) for only £500 done at same place as Chris245 (AmD Grays, Essex).:thumbup:

Edited by shyVRS245
wrong name
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah it's way better in every way. I would advise anyone who is thinking of buying a nearly new 245 to try a 272 which can be bought for very similar money and despite the Superb weighing 1,627kg (according to the V5C just received) it doesn't feel any bigger or heavier on the road and whereas my 336bhp Octavia you had to feed the power in gradually because of the torque steer and front wheel drive the Superb simply puts all the power down cleanly all the time. Same road tax £145 per year, similar insurance cost and only about 3mpg difference for the larger, heavier car (Superb so far 37mpg, Octavia averaged 40mpg). When it gets the stage 1 remap in a couple of weeks time it will be capable of 0-50mph in 3.2seconds which is nuts for something that looks so grown up and sensible.:tongueout:

Got any pics mate? Did you sell the VRS privately or part-ex?

17 minutes ago, Chris245 said:

Got any pics mate? Did you sell the VRS privately or part-ex?

Part ex the 245 lost loads of money (as James Bond said you only live once?) as they had to send it to auction with so many mods and someone will get a bargain as most of the time it was sitting at 2,300rpm on the M1. Plenty of pics of the 272 if you go to the Superb Mk3 section page 1 and look for Living With a Superb Sportline Plus.:biggrin:

• 1 month later...
  • Update on the GPF issue: The garage fitted a new sensor (I expect it checks for the pressure drop) on the GPF and then the problem went away, no more warning lights. So the usual thing, not the component is faulty but the component which checks if the component is faulty was faulty. Took several visits to the garage to get to the bottom of - also not unusual.

Hi theman , other than my 245 vrs I have a 2017 1.6 td Octavia egr problem!! Had new egr valve fitted last week at my expense , engine management light back on showing same fault code any ideas 💡 

3 hours ago, pkcskoda said:

Hi theman , other than my 245 vrs I have a 2017 1.6 td Octavia egr problem!! Had new egr valve fitted last week at my expense , engine management light back on showing same fault code any ideas 💡 

could possibly be an auxiliary water pump, I was working in a dealers around 3 years ago and a faulty aux water pump could throw up egr fault codes. There was a bulletin in the dealer network at the time

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Question.i have octavia vrs 245 mk3.5 17 plate.only managed to this pictures. Maybe someone will be able to help.the first picture i believe is the mid silencer, what is on the second picture ?GPF?I would like to get the middle silencer delete and replace with what is on the pictures no.3

Any recommendations? 

Screenshot_20201006-131622_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20201006-131652_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20201004-090437_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

GPF not fitted on the 245 until 2018. Just catalytic converter shown.

Thank you for confirming. I thought that might be the case just wanted yo be sure.

Do you have any experience with aftermarket silencer like that one on the picture? Good idea? I am after engine sound enhancement. 

3 minutes ago, Stanleybn77 said:

Thank you for confirming. I thought that might be the case just wanted yo be sure.

Do you have any experience with aftermarket silencer like that one on the picture? Good idea? I am after engine sound enhancement. 

Yeah ran a 17 plate 245 for 29,000 miles from standard to stage 1 remap and then changed all the hardware to go stage 2. Went from 249 to 302 to 336bhp. Had a full Milltek resonated system fitted (£1,200) and HJS downpipe another £600 with 200 cell sports cat. Probably not noisy enough for most but bear in mind non-resonated systems can be boomy when cruising at constant revs. You get more enjoyable noise from a good cone air filter sucking in the air during gear changes TBH. THAT WILL BE £300 TO HAVE SOMEONE REMOVE THE OLD AIR BOX AND REPLACE INCLUDING A METAL HEATSHIELD. If I did it again I would fit say an Airtec cone air filter and keep the exhaust standard plus a good remap such as Revo and limit myself to say a budget of £800 then you have a good performance package with enhanced noise.:thumbup:

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yeah ran a 17 plate 245 for 29,000 miles from standard to stage 1 remap and then changed all the hardware to go stage 2. Went from 249 to 302 to 336bhp. Had a full Milltek resonated system fitted (£1,200) and HJS downpipe another £600 with 200 cell sports cat. Probably not noisy enough for most but bear in mind non-resonated systems can be boomy when cruising at constant revs. You get more enjoyable noise from a good cone air filter sucking in the air during gear changes TBH. THAT WILL BE £300 TO HAVE SOMEONE REMOVE THE OLD AIR BOX AND REPLACE INCLUDING A METAL HEATSHIELD. If I did it again I would fit say an Airtec cone air filter and keep the exhaust standard plus a good remap such as Revo and limit myself to say a budget of £800 then you have a good performance package with enhanced noise.:thumbup:

Thank you for very comprehensive answer 👍👍👍

34 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Mine was the first link for £195 and I picked the red hose because you have a choice of colours.

👍👍👍

Did you notice any sound difference just after installation of the induction kit alone? 

2 minutes ago, Stanleybn77 said:

👍👍👍

Did you notice any sound difference just after installation of the induction kit alone? 

Yes it sounds like you've stepped on a large Cobra snake and it is a bit pi**ed off with you. Surprised my wife liked the noise as much as me because she wondered what was making it.:nod:

Just now, shyVRS245 said:

Yes it sounds like you've stepped on a large Cobra snake and it is a bit pi**ed off with you. Surprised my wife liked the noise as much as me because she wondered what was making it.:nod:

Brilliant 😃👍