Octavia vRS 245 standard kit?

Morning all,

I've got a 69 plate Octavia vRS 245 on the way (dealer stock somewhere in the UK), but one thing I can't seem to get to the bottom of is what the standard spec wheels and seats are. The car is totally standard (other than "Black Pack"), but some sites say all 245s get 19" wheels, but yet there appears to be Octavia 245s for sale with 18" wheels? Other places imply that the Alcantara seats are standard on the 245, but then again photos of cars for sale suggest the seats are fabric?

All a bit confused and I can't even use the Skoda configuration tool as the car isn't been factory made anymore so it won't let you "build" one.

Cheers all

Rob

P.S. be good to get back into a Skoda again 🙂 

same here.

"vanillla" 245 estate first registered in March 2019. (this was from before the whole "challenge" thing came in)

18'  grey Gemini wheels. Alcantara/fabric seats.

Black grille surround and wing mirrors 

5 minutes ago, yashicamat_returns said:

Cheers all. Yeah I had read somewhere (several somewheres in fact) that the bigger brakes on the 245 required 19" wheels or something, hence the confusion. I'll be expecting it with 18s and part-alc seats then. 🙂

Rob

I've had both 18 " and 19" wheels on a Vrs and my own personal preference are the 18 " wheels. ( a wait's the arrival of the wheel police )

You can get 17" rims over the brakes but it's very tight around the calliper but they do fit 

Hope that helps

Think I've got to the bottom of the confusion; all / most reviews were bouncing around in 2017 when apparently the 245 was a special edition or something? As such, the trim was slightly different and had some extras, whereas the later 245 is a "standard" model. Either way, I'll be happy with 18s as they're probably lighter, tyres are probably cheaper and they'll probably get on with potholes better

Rob

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Mounty said:

Sorry to hijack this thread and hope you're enjoying your Octy Rob :thumbup:

I collect my 19 plate Octy 245 this Saturday. Never had an Octy previously, has anyone got any tips especially on this model? I think this comes with the Black pack and Canton sound system.

Thanks all

You can get lots of info on the 245 owners thread which dates back to when orders opened for this model around May 2017 when the Mk3 facelift was introduced. Hope the weather is good (dry) on Saturday when you  collect your car.:hi:

The standard 245 should get cloth seats I believe. The original/launch 245 and the 245 challenge get electric alcantara. Otherwise an intelligent person chose the electric alcantara factory option.

20 hours ago, Mounty said:

has anyone got any tips especially on this model?

I haven't got any tips specifically, but I can say it is a fantastic car. I have owned well over a hundred cars and this one has made me feel like when I had a 3.0S Capri and then a 2.8i Capri back in the early eighties. It's a beautiful car to drive with masses of overtaking power. I almost like catching up slower moving traffic on the way to work....!

And I find it nicer to drive then SWMBO's Golf which was more expensive....

I think you will love it....!

20 hours ago, Mounty said:

I loved the Capri's - did you have a block of cement in the boot?

I found the Capri's to be ok for traction unless you deliberately set out to make the rear wheels spin, which the 2.8 would do with ease.....

but I had a gorgeous signal yellow Mk2 RS2000 custom on 205/60 x 13 Yokohamas.  In the wet it just spun it's wheels in bottom gear no matter how careful I was ( not very at 19 years old !)