Sportline 1.5 DSG parking sensors standard?

Can anyone enlighten me on whether a Superb Sportline 1.5 DSG (Jan 2019 model) would have front and rear parking sensors as standard??

I can't find a brochure/details for this particular model and most adverts for use cars don't seem consistent on the specification details.

Sportline or Sportline Plus?

If the Plus then I believe that it has had both front and rear parking sensors as standard since it was launched.  Standard Sportline has IIRC always only had rear sensors as standard.  I've had two factory orders for a Sportline and have spec'd front sensors both times.  This is for MY17 and MY18 though. 

Edited by penguin17

40 minutes ago, ItalianJob said:

Thanks for the info.

It's just a Sportline. I'm guessing it's rear sensors only - bit of a shame on such a long car.

Indeed.  It's a big old bus and I'd personally recommend the front sensors. 

• Like 1

Are all mqb cars the same from windscreen forward to wheel centres. Maybe some design individuality for front overhang? Ie is the superb roughly the same as a golf/a3 for front sight lines?  Wouldn't call either big. Is the Octavia the same? May be why most specs only have rear sensors as we do all carry alot more car behind us.

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 16:38, ItalianJob said:

Thanks for the info.

It's just a Sportline. I'm guessing it's rear sensors only - bit of a shame on such a long car.

My Sportline Plus has front/rear parking sensors yet no reversing camera new in March 2019.:hi:

7 minutes ago, Chazzy said:

Are all mqb cars the same from windscreen forward to wheel centres. Maybe some design individuality for front overhang? Ie is the superb roughly the same as a golf/a3 for front sight lines?  Wouldn't call either big. Is the Octavia the same? May be why most specs only have rear sensors as we do all carry alot more car behind us.

Weirdly the washer bottle is near the windscreen on my 2019 Superb yet on my previous MQB Octavia Vrs245 the washer bottle was near the front bumper/radiator.:thinking:

• Thanks 1

So, a quick update. Bought the Sportline on Friday and it's got:

Front and rear parking sensors with camera

Canton sound

Heated seats

Keyless entry?? Not sure about this one, the car unlocks when you are in close proximity so not sure if this is the same thing.

and maybe some other things that I haven't discovered yet 🤔

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ItalianJob said:

Front and rear parking sensors with camera

Canton sound

Heated seats

Keyless entry?? Not sure about this one, the car unlocks when you are in close proximity so not sure if this is the same thing.

and maybe some other things that I haven't discovered yet 🤔

If you touch either front door or the tailgate with the keys in your pocket they will unlock the car. To lock just touch the small indent sensor on either front door again with your keys in your pocket or the old fashioned way with a press on the key fob (mine came with 3 key fobs so don't forget to ask if yours has 3 keys also).:)

Edited by shyVRS245
spelling mistake

5 minutes ago, ItalianJob said:

Must be a new thing, normally with KESSY you have to touch the door handle to lock/ unlock. Never seen proximity activation on a Skoda before.

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Weirdly the washer bottle is near the windscreen on my 2019 Superb yet on my previous MQB Octavia Vrs245 the washer bottle was near the front bumper/radiator.:thinking:

Intercooler and intake dictate the bottle must be there on the 272/280. If you look at the trim to the inside of the fog lights you’ll notice the passenger side one is an actual intake. Don’t ever replace the front fog lights. It’s a PITA! 

• Thanks 1