Rear wash wipe only on intermittent when used together??

WIG

Hi all, strange one here. I have a 2011 Superb Estate elegance and the rear wiper works as normal for wiping, ie. intermittently, but when you work the washer it still only wipes intermittently and not continuously as with other skoda's that I own and also other Superbs I have had in the garage of late, they all work as normal.

I have VCDS and have been through all the adaptations that I can see within central elecs and CAN gateway, have switched a few things on and off and nothing seems to make it wipe continuously when the washer is being pressed, I even found a block in there that says 'continuous rear wiper active', I activated that and still it only wiped once every few seconds. The wiper itself is strong and if you keep flicking the switch on and off it will keep going with every flick, but it's a nause when trying to clean the rear window, just having a stream of washer fluid run down the centre and not wiping to get rid of the silt. Any idea's? I have a warranty on it for another 3 months so if it's a fault with the motor I can get it done free of charge!

Any help would be Superb.... sorry, no pun intended!!

Craig

Langers, again you come to my aid! Autoscan no problem, how do I grab an adaptation map from VCDS?

Cheers bud

Heh, all I've done is ask for more information. It might help others make suggestions and I'll compare it to some scans I've got ;)

Adaption maps are explained here: https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/controller-channels-map.php

In short:

- Start VCDS

- Select "Applications"

- Select "Controller Channels Map"

- Enter '09' for the address

- Select adaptions and I tend to use CSV

- Hit 'Go'!

That should make a file in the normal logs location with all the adaption channels and their values :)