Superb Xenon lights auto levelling fixed by software update

Evening!

Just wanted to share something here in case it helps any others. 

I had started to notice an intermittent issue with my headlights on my MY17 (18 plate) Sportline estate in that sometimes after starting and the lights doing their dance, they would stay pointing down to the floor.  Only way to resolve it was to fully stop engine, ignition off and then restart again. 9/10 times that would sort it. 

I took it to Citygate Bushey and they simply did a software update, tested it and now all is sorted!

I’d put up with it for ages and in the end it was so easily solved so just wanted to let others know in case you’re putting up with the same!

• Like 3

There are threads about this issue, mine did it and had the fix.

Since being fixed it has done it once so the fix isn't a full fix.

Edited by IJWS15

I had the fix (software update) done a year ago.

Never done it since.

It altered the startup "dance" sequence by adding a delay during the engine startup.

Edited by JR RS

I think MY18 cars onwards should have had the 'fix' integrated at the factory.  My MY17 Sportline done this occasionally and the only common factor when it occurred was that my car had been sat in the cold for extended periods.  My MY18 car has never had this issue and it's a fault I've not seen reported on here for a while, with newer cars. 

Can you just ask the dealer for this update?

Mine does this a few times a year and I have just lived with it but it can be a p ain in the a** if it doesnt reset on a dark night.

Had my lights updated few months ago during a routine service as I complained (again) the car was dangerous to drive at night due to the poor forward range of the headlights. 

That second complaint got the issue resolved and I can now see more that 6 ft ahead of the bonnet. Happy it's done yes. Bemused again why dealers and more importantly techs FAIL to see these issues and address them. 

Sloppy Skoda. 

1 hour ago, Whenwillilearn said:

That second complaint got the issue resolved and I can now see more that 6 ft ahead of the bonnet. Happy it's done yes. Bemused again why dealers and more importantly techs FAIL to see these issues and address them. 

That's easy to explain:

1. "They all do that sir"

2. "The computer says there's nothing wrong"

3. "Putting the fire out isn't in the Skoda procedures sir"

• Haha 2