Bosch wiper blade fitting

judith_sw

6 hours ago, Pjoter said:

I can also confirm that AP26U and AP18U with fitting #4 is the correct setup. Mounted it myself last night.

And wow, what a difference it made with the Bosch aerotwin compared to my almost new (but ****ty) skoda original wiper blades. Will be interesting to so how long they last. Have heard very different experiences in that regard.

Agree 100%. These blades are superb.

• 7 months later...

Just fitted a set of A864S blades from Amazon.  Easy fit, only issue the driver’s side blade wouldn’t budge until I made sure the blade was fully parallel with the arm.  Straight click in and no adapters, just need some rain to see how they are.  Will report back then. 👍

And ...........

............. what a difference!  In everything from light drizzle to absolutely slinging it down they were superb.  Well worth the change, even if it is a bit annoying chucking the nearly new ones in the shed.  Just waiting on Amazon delivering the rear one and the transformation will be complete. :thumbup:

Mine arrived last night about 6.30pm off Amazon. £18.74 now, but hey ho....

Will get round to fitting them possibly tomorrow.

Up here I won't have to wait long to test them....!

Still nearly 2 months, or more:wondering:, before my Karoq gets delivered but from reading  above posts I`m already looking at wipers. Had an email from Halfords a couple of days ago pushing their silicone wipers, long lasting etc etc. 

Have had a quick google and lots of people singing their praise, apparently the wipers can put a thin silicone layer on the screen which repels water. Anyone tried them?

• 2 weeks later...

I have had some issues with the Bosch blades to be honest.  The old blades were a bit rubbish (original fit) so I got a set of the 3397007864 A864S for my 2019 Karoq and the first set I noticed a bit of a smear on the return wipe on the drivers side blade. The smear is right in the line of sight in the middle (under where the connector to the arm is.  I duly used some cleaners to completely and thoroughly clean the screen in case of wax but it did not improve.  I returned them to the supplier (who was not happy) and then ordered a pair from another supplier (Parts in Motion).  Same problem.

I then went through a process of checking the blades to make sure there was not a pucker in that position - seem fine.  I also then started an experiment to bend the arm slighly inwards (few mm) - no imporvement then outwards - also no improvement. I believe thee is an angle of incidence adjustment/check that can be made but also think (from the workshop manual) that this is not applicable to aero type of blades?? It also requies an £80 adjustment tool so I have not gone down that route.

I just know that if I go to the dealer that they will change the blades again, then add some silicone cleaner to the blades (which may help for about 2 hours) and then say its a normal characteristic so I can't be bothered with taking it in.

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue.  It is very specific (centre of blade on the return wipe - drivers side only) and some googling has thrown up a common thread on a lot of other VAG cars but with not resolution that I can find.  

I was thinking of trying some other brands but not sure which ones may be better.

thanks

Paul

Very bad return smear was what I was getting with the factory fit blades, like difficult to see through bad right in my line of sight. With the Bosch blades there was a tiny bit of smearing there when I first used them, but that disappeared after a handful of sweeps.  Wonder if the blades need bedding in?

Could be.  I have used them for 3 months now though.  I hear Heyner make some good ones.  Here is a thread I was following with great interest:  http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/146517-Smearing-wiper-common-issue  

I might get some if they do the right size. :-)

This image in their sales blurb looks interesting. A special plastic bit under the connector - maybe to cure the smear in that position???

image.png.783121ad636e692309ce34c7d9454d91.png

They get mixed reviews though - as is always the case with reviews but.... if it fixes my specific problem then maybe worth punt.  The HH2618ST seems to be the right size.

Edited by smipx