1.5 TSI DSG Service Intervals

Carkus

Hi All, i have a new Kodiaq 1.5 TSI DSG on order on a lease deal. I was wondering what the service intervals are and what is the minimal requirement of work to be carried out at each interval for it to be covered under the manufacturers warranty? I know they do fixed price servicing so its just to give me a gauge on what the servicing is going to cost me over the next 3 years i've got the car.

Oil and inspection service £179
Extended scope £59
Pollen filter £35
Air filter £45
Diesel fuel filter £59
Spark plugs £99
MOT

£39

Air-con service £139
Air-con cleanse £29
Brake fluid £60
4x4 oil change £79
DSG oil change £199
Cambelt (Petrol)* £479
Waterpump (Petrol)* £349
Cambelt (Diesel)* £449
Cambelt and Waterpump (Diesel)* £549
Diagnostic (1st 30 mins) £60
Free brake check Free
AdBlue top up (per litre) £1.50

Your car left the factory set on Variable / Flexible servicing, so at around 18,000-20,000 miles or 24 months. What ever comes sooner.

But some dealerships do not ask the driver / owner and change that to Fixed Servicing 9.400 miles / 372 days.

So how many miles a year do you do and what is the service indicator set at?

If at Variable it would not need serviced for 24 months unless you do high miles, and then maybe a service before handed back.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

1 minute ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Your car left the factory set on Variable / Flexible servicing, so at around 18,000-20,000 miles or 24 months. What ever comes sooner.

But some dealerships do not ask the driver / owner and change that to Fixed Servicing 9.400 miles / 372 days.

So how many miles a year do you do and what is the service indicator set at?

If at Variable it would not need serviced for 24 months unless you do high miles, and then maybe a service before handed back.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

Thanks for the info, i expect to be taking delivery of the car some time end of march/beginning of April so don't have the car yet. We do around 10k miles per year and its a 3 year lease we've got with a 10k mile allowance. Will the car just tell me when the service is due, I wouldn't need to book it in at a certain date mileage?

• Like 1

A 3 year lease @ 10,000 miles per year will be definitely one service @ £179 (oil service) plus £35 (pollen filter) so £214, possibly two. The second will be £179 (oil service) + £35 (pollen filter) + £45 (air filter) + £99 (spark plugs) = £358.

- Fixed service interval - 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is reached first.

- Variable service interval - up to 20,000 miles or 24 months, the car uses various sensors to decide when it needs a service.

Most people on variable service intervals tend to get between 16,000 to 18,000 miles, so chances are you'll be able to hand the car back with somewhere between 2,000 and 6,000 miles until the second service is due.

Brake fluid is due at 30,000 miles though @ £60, so depending on how strict Skoda Finance are you may need to have this done, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

Actually the Manufacturers Guideline is a Brake Fluid change at 3 years and then each 2.  Not even called a schedule unless that has changed.

Skoda Approved Used Cars with FMDSH might not of had a brake fluid change even though there is Full Main Dealer Servicing or there was a Service Plan.

• Thanks 1

Hi, thank you for letting me join your group.  I have read you don't get a service book from the dealer when you buy a new car. Was told download mySkoda app, but apparently that doesn't work.

I find that is ridiculous when you want to sell the car.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, silver1011 said:

A 3 year lease @ 10,000 miles per year will be definitely one service @ £179 (oil service) plus £35 (pollen filter) so £214, possibly two. The second will be £179 (oil service) + £35 (pollen filter) + £45 (air filter) + £99 (spark plugs) = £358.

- Fixed service interval - 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever is reached first.

- Variable service interval - up to 20,000 miles or 24 months, the car uses various sensors to decide when it needs a service.

Most people on variable service intervals tend to get between 16,000 to 18,000 miles, so chances are you'll be able to hand the car back with somewhere between 2,000 and 6,000 miles until the second service is due.

Brake fluid is due at 30,000 miles though @ £60, so depending on how strict Skoda Finance are you may need to have this done, but I doubt it.

Not on the list, but good idea to get tyres swapped front-back at the service which is likely to be 16000-18000 miles (might be less if you do lots of hills, or short journeys)

Can probably hand it back with all 4 original summer tyres still compliant with the lease

However if you are in Scotland you might want to change to all season or winter tyres as the car comes with Eco biased summer tyres (and depending on brand are likely to be poor in wet below +7 to +10°c).  Eco biased summer tyres are usually poorer than normal summer tyres in colder temperatures as compound is harder.

Just store the original tyres and get them refitted before you return it.

• Like 1

My Octavia Scout  is on a 2 yr 15K/yr lease. This is my second and they consistently go to about 18500 when they require a service. Swaping the wheels front to rear at the same time is a good idea. I always make sure the dealer knows not to take the car off of the variable servicing after they did do this with my first Scout. It pays to prepare!

• Like 1

Your driving style and journey type is behind your consistent 18,500 mile variable service prompt, for others it can vary.

Lots of short journey's, stop/start city traffic, regular towing, high engine speeds etc. will see the 20,000 mile interval reduce.

Skoda call it 20,000 miles / 24 months to keep it simple, it is actually a conversion from 30,000 kilometers, so you'll never be able to exceed 18,641 miles.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Edd156 said:

Hi, thank you for letting me join your group.  I have read you don't get a service book from the dealer when you buy a new car. Was told download mySkoda app, but apparently that doesn't work.

I find that is ridiculous when you want to sell the car.

Welcome to Briskoda.

Your service history is now stored electronically, online. It can be accessed via your dealer, Skoda UK or the MySkoda App.

When the car is serviced you will still get a paper invoice, that you can keep and use when selling the car. You can also request a hard copy of the cars service certificate too, so you get another printout that can be used to prove the cars provenance.

When you say the MySkoda App doesn't work, what do you mean?

Have you been able to successfully download the App to your phone?

If you have then there are multiple ways you can connect.

As your Kodiaq was built after June 2017 you can use the cars inbuilt infotainment system...

188150687_MySkodaApp(1).thumb.jpg.6c9ba6c7d562e74718a0245a9edcbee7.jpg

Skoda claim SmartGate is the best way to connect your phone to your car as it uses Wi-Fi, but my Kodiaq doesn't have it.

Using the infotainment system works just fine...

1440649591_MySkodaApp(2).thumb.jpg.f408dd902f224f8f90b3dd27e429ceab.jpg

You can choose from different options on your phone, WLAN, using the VIN or by simply selecting your Kodiaq model from a predefined list.

I tried WLAN but it kept failing...

1857192009_MySkodaApp(4).thumb.jpg.4c76aa6691bfa71e74094e36da2e52e4.jpg

Using the VIN is easiest, it can be found under the passenger side wiper blade...

177892657_MySkodaApp(3).thumb.jpg.aac178f07e7dccaf00d9dd34179043f3.jpg

Good luck!

• Like 1

Thanks for the information guys. I don't have a clue who the supplying dealer is, its a lease car so all my dealings are with the lease company and the car will be delivered to my door, closer to the time i'll get the lease company to make sure that the service interval is kept at variable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

Welcome to Briskoda.

Your service history is now stored electronically, online. It can be accessed via your dealer, Skoda UK or the MySkoda App.

When the car is serviced you will still get a paper invoice, that you can keep and use when selling the car. You can also request a hard copy of the cars service certificate too, so you get another printout that can be used to prove the cars provenance.

When you say the MySkoda App doesn't work, what do you mean?

Have you been able to successfully download the App to your phone?

If you have then there are multiple ways you can connect.

As your Kodiaq was built after June 2017 you can use the cars inbuilt infotainment system...

188150687_MySkodaApp(1).thumb.jpg.6c9ba6c7d562e74718a0245a9edcbee7.jpg

Skoda claim SmartGate is the best way to connect your phone to your car as it uses Wi-Fi, but my Kodiaq doesn't have it.

Using the infotainment system works just fine...

1440649591_MySkodaApp(2).thumb.jpg.f408dd902f224f8f90b3dd27e429ceab.jpg

You can choose from different options on your phone, WLAN, using the VIN or by simply selecting your Kodiaq model from a predefined list.

I tried WLAN but it kept failing...

1857192009_MySkodaApp(4).thumb.jpg.4c76aa6691bfa71e74094e36da2e52e4.jpg

Using the VIN is easiest, it can be found under the passenger side wiper blade...

177892657_MySkodaApp(3).thumb.jpg.aac178f07e7dccaf00d9dd34179043f3.jpg

Good luck!

On 29/01/2020 at 16:57, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

You tell the salesperson and also put in writing to leave it on Variable / Flexible Servicing, and for them to be sure that is known at the PDI.

?

Who is supplying the car?

Got confirmation today from the supplying dealership that all of there new cars that they supply are kept on variable servicing. From what I can tell its lookers skoda stockport that's the supplying dealer. Only about 5 hours drive from me, but they'll be delivering it to my door.

• Thanks 1

@Carkus

Take your time over the inspection, body, wheels and everything that should come with the car.  If any issue take photos while the delivery person is there and have them sign on those issues, then just accept if all is well.

Then check tyre pressures, reset the TPMS, check fluid levels at cold and just stuff like that.

1 minute ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@Carkus

Take your time over the inspection, body, wheels and everything that should come with the car.  If any issue take photos while the delivery person is there and have them sign on those issues, then just accept if all is well.

Then check tyre pressures, reset the TPMS, check fluid levels at cold and just stuff like that.

Will do, thanks.

• Like 1