Problems buying a blue Octavia

Hi,

I’m looking to buy an identical brand new Octavia to replace my 17 plate 1.0 TSI petrol model.

I love the car, but had problems with my local dealers last time around, so I returned there yesterday - by appointment with a different salesman - only to find that, apparently, there are no new non-metallic blue Octavias left in the UK to buy, and won’t be until the new model is released in late summer.

Is that so? All thoughts gratefully received...

Thanks.

2 hours ago, allaction2 said:

All thoughts gratefully received..

Accept a different colour or a different spec....

You might enjoy a change.......

😉

3 hours ago, allaction2 said:

Hi,

I’m looking to buy an identical brand new Octavia to replace my 17 plate 1.0 TSI petrol model.

I love the car, but had problems with my local dealers last time around, so I returned there yesterday - by appointment with a different salesman - only to find that, apparently, there are no new non-metallic blue Octavias left in the UK to buy, and won’t be until the new model is released in late summer.

Is that so? All thoughts gratefully received...

Thanks.

Could well be true. They’ll be stopping production of the Mk3 (if they haven’t already) and starting Mk4 production. Might just be whatever stock they have that you can choose for. 

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to my query - it’s appreciated.

You’re right... all building effort is going into the new model, so there’s a rapidly diminishing pool of the current model available to buy right now. Hopefully, I’ll conclude a deal tomorrow morning.

Thanks again.

17 plate blue, would that be the darkish 'petrol blue'?  If so that was replaced with the 'energy blue' (my 18 plate has that one). Mind you I don't know as much as others here.

Edit... Wrong darker blue, as below, it was the Pacific blue.

Edited by AlexBlue

2 minutes ago, AlexBlue said:

17 plate blue, would that be the darkish 'petrol blue'?  If so that was replaced with the 'energy blue' (my 18 plate has that one). Mind you I don't know as much as others here.

Agreed, the current non metallic is the brighter blue. I was a bit nervous when I ordered as I hadn't seen an Energy Blue in the metal so to speak, but I like it.  As mine is a lease any metallic would be an increase over over 10% on the price so Energy Blue it is!!

I am wondering whether or not to purchase one of the last Mk3`s either a SE Drive or Technology and the availability is rapidly diminishing.

But to be honest, my current car will be fully paid off next month, its not given me any grief in 36000 miles, Ive recently put on brand new Continentals EcoContact 6`s and I wonder if I just keep it? 

I once sold a perfectly good Fabia and bought a lemon of a black Polo, before the Octavia. Certainly wont buy a black car again. 

I have a happy ending to report, and I learned a few lessons along the way.

I priced the model I wanted on Carwow and flaunted the prices received at my local dealer, from whom I have previously bought four Octavias.

I was told that only brown or white models were available in the whole of the UK (neither of which I fancied) so, reluctantly, on my part, we shook hands and said our goodbyes.

I then rang the nearest best-priced dealer on Carwow. They looked at the same register of available stock, and (perhaps surprisingly) found at least two grey models, one of which particularly interested me, and so I’ve bought it to collect in early March (my requested date.)

I’m very pleased with the price and their excellent service.

One thing to remember about Carwow - it works out distances as the crow flies, rather than as the Skoda drives, and therefore ignores the Bristol Channel (!)  The garage I’m buying from - Carr’s in Exeter - is actually about 90 miles from me, and not the 50 that Carwow reckons. But if the price is right....

Alan Pask at Carr’s was very good to do business with on the phone.

By the way, out of interest, the nearest estimate I was given for the first deliveries of the new Octavia was “late summer”

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your thoughts and advice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, allaction2 said:

I have a happy ending to report, and I learned a few lessons along the way.

I priced the model I wanted on Carwow and flaunted the prices received at my local dealer, from whom I have previously bought four Octavias.

I was told that only brown or white models were available in the whole of the UK (neither of which I fancied) so, reluctantly, on my part, we shook hands and said our goodbyes.

I then rang the nearest best-priced dealer on Carwow. They looked at the same register of available stock, and (perhaps surprisingly) found at least two grey models, one of which particularly interested me, and so I’ve bought it to collect in early March (my requested date.)

One thing to remember about Carwow - it works out distances as the crow flies, rather than as the Skoda drives, and therefore ignores the Bristol Channel (!)  The garage I’m buying from - Carr’s in Exeter - is actually about 90 miles from me, and not the 50 that Carwow reckons. But if the price is right....

Alan Pask at Carr’s was very good to do business with on the phone.

By the way, out of interest, the nearest estimate I was given for the first deliveries of the new Octavia was “late summer”

Thanks to everyone on this forum for your thoughts and advice.

What spec have you gone for?

Practically the same as before - 1.0 TSI petrol but (not that I would have asked for it) keyless start to give the local crims a better chance of breaking in to it... graphite grey in colour - with metallic paint, the keyless thingy and a spare wheel - about £1,100 on top of the quoted price.

10 hours ago, allaction2 said:

I've always admired how the UK has such competition with carwow, whatcar, broadspeed etc. 

What I'd give for something like that in Ireland - it's very hard to haggle anything halfway towards the discounts on those sites - the prices we're charged here are criminal already with tax as it is!

Edited by foregonereality

22 hours ago, allaction2 said:

Practically the same as before - 1.0 TSI petrol but (not that I would have asked for it) keyless start to give the local crims a better chance of breaking in to it... graphite grey in colour - with metallic paint, the keyless thingy and a spare wheel - about £1,100 on top of the quoted price.

Sounds good, is it a straight SE, Drive or Technology?

Mine is just a factory standard 1.0 Technology (even the colour), I've done 2500 miles in 2.5 months and apart from 1 day off the road (Skoda Assist kept me mobile & I didn't even have to take the car to a dealer) I have been more than happy.

Edited by Kental

22 hours ago, allaction2 said:

Oh, to add.... there are far more 1.5 petrol TSIs around at present waiting for forever homes than 1.0s, apparently.

Are people still worried about the 1.5TSi issues reported last lear or so?

15 minutes ago, Kental said:

Sounds good, is it a straight SE, Drive or Technology?

Mine is just a factory standard 1.0 Technology (even the colour), I've done 2500 miles in 2.5 months and apart from 1 day off the road (Skoda Assist kept me mobile & I didn't even have to take the car to a dealer) I have been more than happy.

It’s a standard SE (with the addition, for whatever reason, of the keyless access...) The other grey 1.0 TSI on the database has an additional rear parking sensor, by the way.

1 minute ago, allaction2 said:

It’s a standard SE (with the addition, for whatever reason, of the keyless access...) The other grey 1.0 TSI on the database has an additional rear parking sensor, by the way.

The other 1.0 must be an S then as the SE and above have rear sensors standard, unless it has front sensors.

2 hours ago, Kental said:

The other 1.0 must be an S then as the SE and above have rear sensors standard, unless it has front sensors.

I was told that it was a SE (with rear sensors) but with an already fitted rear parking camera, costing an additional £400/£500.