Side light upgrade require coding ??

Hey guys,

I want to upgrade the yellow bulb that illuminates the side light stripes in the headlight to something xenon like. Has anyone done this and does it require coding like the number plate led's?

I have a bulb kit incoming so everything yellow will not be soon.

😀

If you replace with an equivalent rating incandescent bulb with a higher K rating (i.e. whiter) then no coding change is needed, but if you change to an LED then coding will be needed.

17 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

If you replace with an equivalent rating incandescent bulb with a higher K rating (i.e. whiter) then no coding change is needed, but if you change to an LED then coding will be needed.

Thanks for the heads up. Any idea what coding is required. I found the led nunber plate coding post. But haven't come across one for the side light 

1 minute ago, Matty1VRS said:

Thanks for the heads up. Any idea what coding is required. I found the led nunber plate coding post. But haven't come across one for the side light 

Not so much coding as changing the value in the adaptation channel relevant to the sidelights  that specifies the bulb type: Leuchtenxxx xxn-Lasttyp

On 04/02/2020 at 15:55, PetrolDave said:

Not so much coding as changing the value in the adaptation channel relevant to the sidelights  that specifies the bulb type: Leuchtenxxx xxn-Lasttyp

Thanks much appreciated

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/page/2/#comment-4431164

Coding for LED sidelight bulbs on Xenon headlights

Controller 09

Security Access 31347

Adaptations

The channels you need to change are:

(1)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lasttyp 16 to 6 - LED Lichtmodul 

(1)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lasttyp 17 to 6 - LED Lichtmodul

4 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/page/2/#comment-4431164

Coding for LED sidelight bulbs on Xenon headlights

Controller 09

Security Access 31347

Adaptations

The channels you need to change are:

(1)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lasttyp 16 to 6 - LED Lichtmodul 

(1)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lasttyp 17 to 6 - LED Lichtmodul

Your a star thank you @BATVANVRS