Warm start problem!

Alban

Hello everybody, has anyone got a problem as shown in video?? Problem of starting engine appears only after a drive on high way. After driving short distances, there is no problem. Can anybody tell what could be a cause of this prob?

Doubt it will have anything to do with it, but it just crossed my mind that your filling stations may have Winter Diesel in your country.

The higher ambient temp should make no difference though.

Someone will be along that knows your about your engine.

Just now check look in the Air Filter box and see that it is a clean air filter, and maybe a new Fuel filter is also needed.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

We have winter diesel and i dont think this is the problem! In short distances everythink ok, only when driving  with 100kmh or more.

Hope someone knows this problem and i will get some advice and help. 

Thanks

Dont know, haven't noticed it on my car.  But it doesn't take an age, to start anyway :) Maybe (just a gues), car need more time to read data on components test, and maybe its takes more time to read, when the car in on working temperature, than "Zero degrees". 

How do you start the engine ? Do you turn the key till the end, and let all job do the car itself, or after stop blinking the heated signal, turn ir to start position ?  Can check on mines today,will see if it will be a difference.

Try to do everything from first time. I noticed that, my karoq is a "Smart" :) Sometimes i turning the key till the end, and engines starts, after everything is checked, and all signals stops blinking. Tell about that interval how it goes

Dont know why youtube decrease quality - filmed in 1080p. Here tha cars engine is cold just in case, but adter hitting the road almost 40km, didn't change a bit.

Outside +6 degrees by celsius.

It is 1.6 TDI, FWD, 6 gear manual. Mileage is over 50k km

What i ment, by turning the key, take a notice. After 1 step, i do around 1sec pause, and turned again, and let the car do the trick itself.

Maybe, sometimes it takes a longer time interval, but i think it's because, colder outside, and need to heat elements.

But in your case, go to skoda center, ask about it, if it a bit anoying :)

I have no problem at all when motor is cold. My Karoq starts the same as yours in the video which You send. Often the prob is when weather outside is more than +20 and i have ben driving for a wile with 120 or 130 kmh. Than if you swhich of engine and wait aproximetly half hour and than start engine it will happen the problem wich i have made in my video. After that if i swich off engine and swich on again it's a normal start. I have been to skoda center but they cant find any problem

• 4 months later...
I want, of course, the service manager to drive like my Karoq 1.6 tdi and he got the problem and I even showed him the video you sent and he said that he solved the problem like that but we will see again and if nothing helps he told me that again I drive the car away and they will do the necessary analysis and send it to the factory

• 1 month later...