Side indicator bulb type? Octavia 2007 Elegance

Hello from Sweden!

I need to replace the bulb for the side indicator thats in the wing mirrors. What kind of bulb is it? And is there any nice video showing how its done?

Many thanks!

//Andreas

Okay, that wasnt what I wanted to hear 😅.

Is this because of the Elegance package? Ive seen one video of someone replacing the glass, in that video it looked as if there was a bulb in there? 

Mine is dry but full af algae staining so has been a pond in the past, the leds still function but are hard to see, that part of it seems to be sealed so I cant clean it.

If only all of lifes problems were so trivial!!

@J.R. I have split mine open and cleaned them before.........to try to get it through it's mot, which it did, so it can be done with great care.

Unfortunately the superglue I used to glue mine back together whitened the clear lens a bit after a while, so it failed the mot the following year......shame really as I made a good job of it apart from that.

• 3 weeks later...

I have now sucessfully repaired the side indicators. I bought a new unit but it didn't have any puddle lights. So I butchered my new and old one, only to find that the power connector to the puddle light was nowhere to be found. So I desoldered it from the old one and soldered it to the new board. Works like a charm! 

There was alot of oxidizing on the old board. I could only get one of the LEDs to shine very poorly. 

IMG_20200223_192049.thumb.jpg.98fdd03dd81c328fe2ffa65865b158b2.jpgIMG_20200223_192113.thumb.jpg.676383b1b5f72c40b6b2ed619cfefed8.jpg