New Kamiq SE 1.5

Occubadger

Hi,

We just took collection of our new Kamiq yesterday and I'm so happy with it so far. We upgraded from a Citigo and it's going to take a while to get used to how much bigger, quieter and more powerful this car is.

My only disappointment is that my Winter Pack add-on didn't have a heated steering wheel. I was expecting it to and I am sure that the dealer said it did, but it doesn't. It does have heated seats throughout and heated washer nozzles which seemed to help with defrosting the car this morning. Oh well, I'll live!

Anyone have any good tips or tricks in setting things up to get the most out of the infotainment or other systems on board?

Usual to Skoda Uk form, some weird option choices.

£440 winter pack option that includes heated seats and washer nozzles 

£250 heated seat and washer nozzles option 

£300 for heated windscreen you’d think you’d get in the winter pack.

Edit: looking at the picture, winter pack looks like rear heated seats are included.

ECA147B5-0CB5-4EFA-8828-CF1584E5A1EA.png

Edited by Kenny R

1 minute ago, Kenny R said:

Usual to Skoda Uk form, some weird option choices.

£440 winter pack option that includes heated seats and washer nozzles 

£250 heated seat and washer nozzles option 

£300 for heated windscreen you’d think you’d get in the winter pack.

Yeah...

We got the £440 version. What would the difference have been between that and the £250 you mention?

4 minutes ago, Occubadger said:

Yeah...

We got the £440 version. What would the difference have been between that and the £250 you mention?

As per edit on my post, the picture appears to show controls for heated rear seat even though not mentioned in description. I assume you have rear heated rear seats as part of £440 option.

The £250 option is only heated front seats and nozzles.

1 minute ago, Kenny R said:

As per edit on my post, the picture appears to show controls for heated rear seat even though not mentioned in description. I assume you have rear heated rear seats as part of £440 option.

The £250 option is only heated front seats and nozzles.

I didn't see the edit. Sorry!

I'll remember to make 100% sure that there is clarification from dealers next time we go for options to avoid any similar disappointment next time we buy a car.

Otherwise, it's a lovely thing and couldn't be happier :)

3 minutes ago, skoda1982 said:

I would not pay £225 just for heated steering wheel.

And neither would I, apparently ;) The heated seats are nice.

2 minutes ago, leckman said:

Good to know,I have the 1.0 Tsi 113 bhp engine and has been brilliant from day one .

Good! I can't get over how quiet the 1.5 is, especially compared to the Citigo.

It seems perfectly clear ( to me anyway ) what the spec is. Of course the brochure / pricelist spec may be out of date, but if it isn't then...

Kamiq1.JPG.ddd69a7438fb3a2438e18a00fbad1a4e.JPGKamiq1.JPG.ddd69a7438fb3a2438e18a00fbad1a4e.JPG

A 3 spoke heated multifunction steering wheel can be purchased as a cost option ( in this case £225 ). To have this option you must have heated front seats and dual zone climate control.  So does the SE come with Dual Zone climate? No. So why then make the assumption the car would have a heated steering wheel?

And...

The price list clearly states that a Winter Pack (£440) includes heated front and outer rear seats with heated washer nozzles. And it's NOT available with heated windscreen. It does not say the winter pack includes a heated steering wheel.

Kamiq2.JPG.7473713c7136771b1dc8606b86dba1c3.JPGKamiq2.JPG.7473713c7136771b1dc8606b86dba1c3.JPG

I'm not trying to be funny or anything, but given the information that Skoda has provided, how is it possible for someone to then assume the car comes with a heated steering wheel and for someone else to suggest the Winter Pack should include a heated windscreen?  Or for someone to question what's the difference between a winter pack for £440 and Heated front seats with heated washer nozzles for £225?  The answer is staring you in the face.

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

It seems perfectly clear ( to me anyway ) what the spec is. Of course the brochure / pricelist spec may be out of date, but if it isn't then...

Kamiq1.JPG.ddd69a7438fb3a2438e18a00fbad1a4e.JPGKamiq1.JPG.ddd69a7438fb3a2438e18a00fbad1a4e.JPG

A 3 spoke heated multifunction steering wheel can be purchased as a cost option ( in this case £225 ). To have this option you must have heated front seats and dual zone climate control.  So does the SE come with Dual Zone climate? No. So why then make the assumption the car would have a heated steering wheel?

And...

The price list clearly states that a Winter Pack (£440) includes heated front and outer rear seats with heated washer nozzles. And it's NOT available with heated windscreen. It does not say the winter pack includes a heated steering wheel.

Kamiq2.JPG.7473713c7136771b1dc8606b86dba1c3.JPGKamiq2.JPG.7473713c7136771b1dc8606b86dba1c3.JPG

I'm not trying to be funny or anything, but given the information that Skoda has provided, how is it possible for someone to then assume the car comes with a heated steering wheel and for someone else to suggest the Winter Pack should include a heated windscreen?  Or for someone to question what's the difference between a winter pack for £440 and Heated front seats with heated washer nozzles for £225?  The answer is staring you in the face.

Whilst I can see that you're right, I've already come to terms with the fact that I could have double checked.

I made the mistake of trusting what the dealer said at the time and not doing my own research. If only I had had someone like you with me at the time to help me realise what a moron I was being.

• Like 1

I would just get heated front seats and washer nozzles £225 my Kamiq was already being built so could not add anything. Stuff them in the back they will get warm bums soon. I have found that i don't need them in my Kamiq seem to be warm anyway was not in my Karoq was really cold but had them.

1 minute ago, skoda1982 said:

I would just get heated front seats and washer nozzles £225 my Kamiq was already being built so could not add anything. Stuff them in the back they will get warm bums soon. I have found that i don't need them in my Kamiq seem to be warm anyway was not in my Karoq was really cold but had them.

If I'd been more diligent at the time I probably would have done the same thing. Oh well! I guess I'll need to make some friends and drive them places do they can have warm bums too.

On 13/02/2020 at 18:04, skoda1982 said:

I would not pay £225 just for heated steering wheel.

I would, but then I suffer when my hands get cold my fingers really hurt.  Heated seats are great, warm you up really quickly on a cold morning.  And a heated windscreen well best invention.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2020 at 17:53, leckman said:

I presume your vehicle is free from the dreaded kangarooing/hesitation problem?.

Auto Express have just finished running a 1.5 DSG Scala on their fleet and described the engine as excellent.They were not impressed with the DSG though.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately at the height of the issue one car could show symptoms, whilst an identical car might not, it appeared to be pretty random.

Remember also that the automotive media isn't as impartial as we might like it to be.

On 13/02/2020 at 21:26, Scot5 said:

Unfortunately Skoda are no longer publishing their 'Pricing & Specifications' brochure, so the information required to make an educated and informed choice is no longer staring any of us in the face.

It wasn't suggested the heated windscreen is included in the Winter Pack, it was suggested that Skoda should include it.

• 1 year later...
On 13/02/2020 at 17:22, Occubadger said:

Hi,

We just took collection of our new Kamiq yesterday and I'm so happy with it so far. We upgraded from a Citigo and it's going to take a while to get used to how much bigger, quieter and more powerful this car is.

My only disappointment is that my Winter Pack add-on didn't have a heated steering wheel. I was expecting it to and I am sure that the dealer said it did, but it doesn't. It does have heated seats throughout and heated washer nozzles which seemed to help with defrosting the car this morning. Oh well, I'll live!

Anyone have any good tips or tricks in setting things up to get the most out of the infotainment or other systems on board?

Hi,

how do you see by night when a car is approaching trough heated windshield ?

How about during the day ?

Is annoying ?

i will have a kamiq like that and now :( I dont want to blind my self due to wires.

thank you

On 23/08/2021 at 00:42, chefdejoaca said:

Hi,

how do you see by night when a car is approaching trough heated windshield ?

How about during the day ?

Is annoying ?

i will have a kamiq like that and now :( I dont want to blind my self due to wires.

thank you

At the scala topic you can find a videolink of the windscreen same as kamiq. Most say you wont see it if not focused on it. One person said it doed give like a blur on the lines at night with lights (brakes, stop lights..) i chosen it too as an option for the first time.so noy much bothered by it. I d rather have the extra help in winter

I have its in Kamiq. It's not annoying  by day but after the sunset, when the car, opposite to you, lights your windscreen you may notice some kind of blur. It's not a problem for me but if you driving a lot by night it might be a problem. My advice - just ask your dealer to share the test car to check it.

On 13/02/2020 at 17:53, leckman said:

I presume your vehicle is free from the dreaded kangarooing/hesitation problem?.

Leckman, i have this issue,

To op  ... i hve heated windshield  ...worth the nmoney

seeing by  day is natural

the micro fibres in the windscxeen are hardky resent

We have a heated screen on our 18 year-old For Focus (Ford introduced Quickclear in 1969 in the USA and patented it in ‘77 - it expired in 2011) and only if you try really hard can you see the wire elements. There can be a slight distortion of rear lamps, especially after dusk, but after a few trips, your brain will just ignore it and everything looks normal. I’ve found Quickclear is faster acting than the gold coating which VW have on their version, which is used across various marques and models (the Superb is one) however there are no visible elements.