Fabia Mk2 VRS vagcom mods wirral

WeavelVRS

Hello everyone, am new here and wanted to know if there is anyone in the wirral area who can do vagcom mods on my fabia mk2 vrs, am after the kph digits speed turning to mph and maybe a few other bits tweaking ! Any ideas for mods would be appreciated.... thanks all !!

CB4CBEE0-F7DA-425E-809D-920E7A29DBBF.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

It is not available that way, and it is not just the change of kp/h to mph it is the big MPH by going to the Australian setting.

I know have looked into it ....thanks tho

Cheapest option (unless you find vcds) is to buy carista odb2 dongle from amazon for around £12, That lets you change it the maxidot and delve into a few other settings.

VCDS is obviously the daddy, I recently used it change my power steering settings as little did I know we had 5 settings  for the power steering alone!

1 hour ago, Mickmartin said:

Cheapest option (unless you find vcds) is to buy carista odb2 dongle from amazon for around £12, That lets you change it the maxidot and delve into a few other settings.

VCDS is obviously the daddy, I recently used it change my power steering settings as little did I know we had 5 settings  for the power steering alone!

What did the settings change on your power steering??? Force to turn ??

More assistance, to less assistance.    Hand with different / wider or narrower tyres or in winter,

(Also more assistance sometimes set for drivers with a disability.)

You can also change the XDS setting, more or less.  Depends on cars age what number of settings. Or on / off.

Track use maybe.  When the brakes overheat if they do the XDS disables anyway.

Brake assist can be changed as well. (sometimes changed for hand control users or just disabled drivers.)

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

2 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

More assistance, to less assistance.    Hand with different / wider or narrower tyres or in winter,

(Also more assistance sometimes set for drivers with a disability.)

You can also change the XDS setting, more or less.  Depends on cars age what number of settings. Or on / off.

Track use maybe.  When the brakes overheat if they do the XDS disables anyway.

Brake assist can be changed as well. (sometimes changed for hand control users or just disabled drivers.)

That’s really interesting thanks for information!!!!!!

Off the top of my head I used Carista to do the following:

Change KPH to MPH and display speed on maxidot.

Disabled the doors auto locking

Unmuted the alarm tone when you lock/unlock remotely

Its back up to £20 from amazon and works as a fault reader too, I used it for a few years before ditching it for an odb2 gauge, Can’t really fault apart from it asks you to sign up for a monthly fee, I never did and it still works.

17 hours ago, UrbanPanzer said:

I'm approx a hundred miles from you, but if you wanted to drive down, would happily switch it over / change the settings, have done it mine and my mums Fabia, it should have been an option in the maxi dot imo.

thanks, I have used the carista app I had a ELM module which was compatible to use with and have changed to Australian so I could use digital MPH setting and turned on dial sweep and alarm beep, now will do the same on my wife's monte carlo !! get 10 days free trial with the app then its £30 pound ish a year but will cancel subscription before that kicks in....Thanks for all help everyone 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WeavelVRS said:

thanks, I have used the carista app I had a ELM module which was compatible to use with and have changed to Australian so I could use digital MPH setting and turned on dial sweep and alarm beep, now will do the same on my wife's monte carlo !! get 10 days free trial with the app then its £30 pound ish a year but will cancel subscription before that kicks in....Thanks for all help everyone 

Easy as that!