Marbula One-roll over F1

Lady Elanore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been away for a couple of weeks so here is a quick catch up

youtube.com/watch?v=mVrf2nlRJmI

youtube.com/watch?v=zvgQ1UfOfH4

My guys are not having a good season....will it change?

Can't wait for the bobsled event next week!! 

I did enjoy the speed skating competition and the course appeared well engineered. Bobsled will be interesting to see.

Sorry that you team is not doing well. Perhaps your support has jinxed them :biggrin:

• Haha 1

BOBSLEIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best even ever 

They show the first experimental runs and there is a horrific accident that result in an overturned bobsled and one of the marbles being injured and sent to the medical facility. They also show a marble eye view as they put a tv crew in a bob (I assume that's how they did it) and record the descent 

No spoilers but one of my fav teams did a bit better this time :) Ice hockey final next week, should be epic

I think the O'rangers have left it too late this year, but it was great to hear their fans screaming "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH" throughout the run 

I hope the injured marble is ok? They should do a follow up and let us know 

It's not over until the end of the final round. You should always live in hope for your team!

If a marble gets chipped in an accident do they inject it with resin like with windscreens?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's here, the final even of the Marble League. No spoilers, but one of my fav teams does quite well and gets an impressive overall standing position at the end. Very moving closing ceremony as ever

I did not find that round as enjoyable as some if the others. It may have been because it was difficult to see what was going on and where the pucks were.

We can now await the beginning of the Marbula 1 series ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why does the commentator pronounce "Rima"as "Reemer"?

Also there is a distinct lack of social distancing in the stands. Do all the spectator marbles get wiped down with a sanitiser upon entry?

I love this longer track. Dirty air from Razzy definitely caused problems for the leaders as did his refusal to obey the blue flags. But on a positive note, great finish for Snowstorm having started on the back row even if Orangin' did do quite so well. 

Nice to see the Safety marble perform its duty so well and of course...safely :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Palette Park quallys :)

they have a nice bit of mad artwork in the form of a tower, a bit like that thing that didn't quite work at the Olympic Park (except the Marbula works of course :) ) 

Snowstorms loss of form is very worrying :( 

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

I think it's just us keeping the flame alive these days  :crying:

It must be a local thing as we do not live many miles apart.

The children on the box lid must be huge!

IMG_20210312_202842579.thumb.jpg.8c8f9c3e8c619dc0adcf2a97ec13bdaa.jpg