HIghest mileage with a DQ200 DSG gearbox...?

The DQ200 is the Volkswagen 7 speed dry clutches Direct-shift automatic gearbox as fitted to my own January 2014 1.4TSi Octavia. I'm interested in knowing how many miles it's possible for this gearbox to do without requiring maintenance. As I understand it there is no standard maintenance.

I'll start the ball rolling. Mine's done just over 55,000 miles and it's fine so far.

@Lingnoi

There is no servicing schedule or guidelines on changing the oil in a DQ200 DSG.

There is a Service Campaign on some from 2013-2015, which is a software update.

It did not show on the Skoda VIN checker until the Recall Action was called in Australia late 2019, and surprise surprise some dealerships seem to be calling owners / keepers they have contact details for.

Best check here, and also ask Skoda or a Dealership even if your car does not show as requiring anything here.

http://skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

5 hours ago, Lingnoi said:

The DQ200 is the Volkswagen 7 speed dry clutches Direct-shift automatic gearbox as fitted to my own January 2014 1.4TSi Octavia. I'm interested in knowing how many miles it's possible for this gearbox to do without requiring maintenance. As I understand it there is no standard maintenance.

I'll start the ball rolling. Mine's done just over 55,000 miles and it's fine so far.

Mine is on 37,385 miles at the moment and the dsg is in fine health.

• Like 1

I have 170000km on mine, mated to a 1.8 TSI. I've had the fluids (gearbox and mecatronic) changed at 140000km. Works fine, however the clutchs are starting to wear a bit.

• Like 1

Fabia 1.2TSi. Clutch pack replaced at 18k miles due to Judder

Yeti 1.2TSi. Clutch pack replaced at 25k miles due to slip

Yeti 1.2TSi (No2) Clutches slipping in 2nd and 4th at end of lease 18k miles

Octavia 1.6Tdi. 2x gear leavers replaced, clutch pack changed twice, flywheel replaced, mechatronics replaced. 38k miles. 

On 06/03/2020 at 07:49, ccosmin said:

I see some bad luck here with you :)

Yes,

But telling that some markets will now not tolerated the DQ200 and VAG are now fitting the Aisin 8 speed torque converter automatic transmission.

Another not high mileage car owner faced with a rather expensive decision to make.

So many landed with this issue that Skoda / VW wash their hands of with cars out of Manufacturers warranty and even with extended warranties that 

get claims knocked back on. They say known issues yet sell the warranty and it is them that are in the know.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/478852-automatic-gear-box-problems

We will soon be looking at replacing My wife's Octavia 1.2TSi. She has had Yeti's and Fabia's.

Her first choice is a Karoq but would want a small petrol 1.0 or 1.5 but she needs auto.

But there's no way are we going to entertain another DQ200.

So I'm not sure where we go now. A new Focus? The new 8 speed and ecoboost is a nice combo. BMW/Mini? ZF8HP or the Aisin 8 speed depending on model,

If the Karoq was available in the UK with the USA/Aus markets Aisin auto we would already have placed an order.

Yes the latest version of the Karoq to be released here (Australia) will be retrofitted with the 1.4tsi and torque converter box. Official consumption will go up.

In another 'first' the latest base 2wd Tiguan released here will also get the 1.4tsi and a 6 speed dsg which I presume is the old 'wet' one.

I think the only time the 6 speed dsg equipped a 250nm or below engine was in the 1.4tsi awd Yeti.

Times are changing and Skoda might be off the hook. Currently they produce something like 2,200 DQ200 DSG a day.

So the 1.0 & 1.5 TSI's will be going Mild Hybrid with a 7 speed DSG.

That might well have the DSG's being more reliable as they are now going to be made to suit that applications. 

The DQ200 is not available in 1.0TSI Mk3 Fabias anymore. 

Some have had issues with ones they have with a DQ200 DSG and their cars came with just 110ps.

43 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Some have had issues with ones they have with a DQ200 DSG and their cars came with just 110ps.

Our Mk2 Fabia only had 105PS but still destroyed it's clutches.

Yes we know.

The world wide recall and only a service campaign in Europe was on all DQ200 DSG from 70 ps.  And 34H5 could cover any of them.

But then not all DQ200 DSG's are running gearbox management or components that are the same in lower powered applications as in the highest like with a 192 ps 1.8 TSI.

Still a max 250 Nm though.

They can be fine at 320 Nm.  As long as not a crappy one.

55 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

Yes we know.

The world wide recall and only a service campaign in Europe was on all DQ200 DSG from 70 ps.  And 34H5 could cover any of them.

But then not all DQ200 DSG's are running gearbox management or components that are the same in lower powered applications as in the highest like with a 192 ps 1.8 TSI.

Still a max 250 Nm though.

They can be fine at 320 Nm.  As long as not a crappy one.

I wonder how many live with issues?

Four out of our five suffered issues but a couple (The Yeti's 2016) only suffered intermittent clutch slip in 2nd and 4th. Many owners probably live with it or don't realise what happens but at some point premature failure will happen. Indeed one of our lease Yeti's I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle so it was handed back end of term with the fault still evident. My Mum who was the main driver never mentioned an issue.

• Like 2